- *@caramail.com - - Jamais Edit - Remove
- - 83.112.64.55 - Jamais Edit - Remove
- *@hotmail.com - - Jamais Edit - Remove
- *@msn.com - - Jamais Edit - Remove
- *@voila.fr - - Jamais Edit - Remove
- *@yahoo.fr - - Jamais Edit - Remove
- *@laposte.net - - Jamais Edit - Remove
- *@ifrance.com - - Jamais Edit - Remove

These are the domains I have excluded ...

After, I have choosen in admin Permissions ...

Allow banned e-mail addresses
Allow users to register with or change to a banned e-mail address/domain. If left at it's default setting (yes) this action will be allowed, but an alert e-mail will be sent to the mailing list (an effective way of detecting multiple registrations).

Option > NO

Or ... if I put NO, even the non-banned adresses can't be put !!!

If I want another adress (wanadoo.fr, for example), I HAVE TO put YES !! But in this case, banned domains can create new account !!! sad

Where is the problem ?

Re: Bug with Ban emails ...

When banning an e-mail domain, you should enter only the domain. I.e. if you wanted to ban *@msn.com, you should enter just msn.com.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ahhhhhhhhh yes !!! smile thanx !!! I have used the phpBB > PunBB convertor, and I didn't see where was the problem !

Thanx.

OK new bug ... and it's great smile)

I have done as said Rickard

so ....      only       domain.com instead      *@domain.com

OK ...

but if I ban a adress like        myname@domain.com

The ban detects only domain.com so ... it's not 1 user I ban, but ALL the users who have the SAME domain.com

? sad

I'll look into it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanx a lot Rick'

And another thing

if it's possible to have the ip adress of the person the first time (to prevent from flooding !)

And ... verify if the email exists ...

I know, I know ...

Rod wrote:

And another thing

if it's possible to have the ip adress of the person the first time (to prevent from flooding !)

It's in 1.2 already.

Rod: I just tried banning the e-mail address bajs@sweclockers.com and was then able to register with e.g. testtest@sweclockers.com, so what you said above doesn't appear to be true. Banning a "full" e-mail address doesn't ban the whole domain.

It's very weird ...

I have tested yet today

if ... I put         myname@domain.com, i Bann it, if another person tries to myname2@samedomain.com, he can't register ...

I think FRENCH version of PunBB has a sort of ... self life smile

Ok, try this. Go to admin/permissions and enable "Allow banned e-mail addresses". Then, try registering again with myname2@... and tell me what the e-mail you get says.