1 (edited by stenz 2004-08-08 22:17)

Topic: eTrainingLog Forums

I have a site that allows people to track their training (biking, swimming, running, etc) in a log/journal. You can have common workouts, track your miles, and more. The format is much like a blog and people can leave comments on the public entries.
That code was all done from scratch on my own.

We now have forums as well, and those are running PunBB. Will slowly add/change various things over time, but for now just have it up and will see how it goes from there for a bit.

http://www.etraininglog.com (the forums are at http://www.etraininglog.com/forums )

Re: eTrainingLog Forums

I'm an avid cyclist. I track my miles in a spreadsheet but a blog would be the way to go.

How about keeping track of miles done in a week, month or year?

It does allow you to look at your weekly and monthly data.

That said, I must admit that I haven't put a terrible amount of effort into the stats side of it yet - although I do plan to. Currently I am trying to recruit interested members that are willing to make great suggestions just like that.

My background is competetive running, so I fully admit that while I have done my share of biking and swimming, I am not surprised if I have feasibly left something out that might interest those athletes.

I welcome you to join and make such suggestions and I will implement them (assuming they are reasonable and feasible).

I am also hoping to get in two more key features very soon now:
1) nutrition/meal tracking (total calories, fats, proteins, carbs, water, alcohol, vitamins, etc)
2) a coach/team feature that allows you to mark fellow users as friends and/or also to join teams. That way you can designate log/journal entries to only be viewable by them. And the coach can send out messages for upcoming workouts, etc.

One suggestion: putting the google search in a seperate table smile

heh - yeah, good point smile