Topic: A Post count mod

Well i was woundering is there a mod so I can make a forum that posts in it don't count towards your post count?
ALso is ther a mod so that each person has a differnet IP, at the moment all of our members are showing the same IP and we can't IP ban people

Re: A Post count mod

Lothia wrote:

ALso is ther a mod so that each person has a differnet IP, at the moment all of our members are showing the same IP and we can't IP ban people

That's odd. Are you all on the same subnet/ISP/whatever? The behaviour has changed somewhat in 1.2 so that local IP addresses are ignored if they appear in the HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR header, but it sounds odd that all of you members should have the same IP address.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I am not sure i believe that we are all put onto the owners Ip address
I'm the main admin at your biggest forums
http://lnx.propolingo.com/labb/presiden … /index.php
just not the owner, its ben a problem. Also u have 1.2, and ours is only 1.1.5 we updated it finally, but if we try to update again it says we have the highest one...
PS: is there a code for that?

4 (edited by Smartys 2004-08-19 23:16)

1.2 hasn't been released yet tongue

I'm a moderator there.. I believe I posted some code to fix the problem on the forum itself:

<?php
/* Yonder is a slightly modified function what am gotten from yuor forumz */
function get_remote_address()
{
    // If HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR is set we grab the first address in the list
    if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']))
    {
        if (preg_match('/[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}/', $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'], $addresses))
            return "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR was set: ".$addresses[0];
    }

// If no address was found in HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR, we try HTTP_CLIENT_IP and if that isn't set we return REMOTE_ADDR
    return (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) ? "CLIENT_IP was set: {$_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP']}" : "REMOTE_ADDR was set: {$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']}";
}
echo get_remote_address()."<br />".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
?>

Unfortunatly, we didn't get to use the code.. But none the less, the IP range still isn't working eventhough we had updated the forum.

-Antony (Tux)
See you at the bitter end!

Run a traceroute scan on the ip. If I am reading this correctly, the router/gateway's ip is what you are seeing.

Do, or do not.

still need the one so that posts in parts of the forum dont count toward post count

i can do it. easily. GET PRES TO GIVE ME FTP ACCESS!!

about the ip thing, it should be really easy to fix, but i reapeat my last sentence.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

he can't. PS: i know you don't know  a code for what im asking. the IP one i don't really need, but the post count one we do.
oh yeah the reason he can't is there some rule that only he can have the FTP so he can't give it so us.

This was his last email
"hey if i create a clan next round would you support us and like figure a way to make an alliance work out?"

yes, in fact i do know how lothia, and i can do it easily. do not underestimate me, this is simple stuff

Indocron

then make the code and post in in the mods wink

can do (not like pres will put it in :x )

damn flood controll....

Indocron