Topic: Install script

dunno if this has already been suggested but...

Make the install script a little more helpful e.g. have localhost entered as host, maybe root as username punbb_ as prefix and make it detect the folder its in for the forum location

Re: Install script

If its blank it forces people to find out their correct settings. People who don't know any better might just accept the defaults even if they are wrong.

In my case and many others, the host is not localhost and the username is not root.

well host is most likely to be localhost i said maybe for root as username i know its less likely but the forum location should pretty much alway be where the install file is

The day I put root as the default MySQL user account in the install script is the day I give up. We shouldn't encourage people to run MySQL under the root account. That account is supposed to be used for database administration, nothing else.

Not sure about the localhost part, but doesn't the help text already say something about that? I'm too tired to check it out now :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well its just me being lazy and not wanting to type localhost when i want to install punbb tongue

If you do it that often, maybe you should consider just doing a database dump and restoring from that dump each time instead :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

nah cos i install to different places i host/help make sites for alot of people i know and recently have been setting up punbb on all of them