Topic: Helping with the PunBB Project

Hey guys,
   After a while of using punbb I fell in love with it and would like to help with the project smile I was wondering if any help is wanted in creating and updating PunBB at all other than writing mods and checking the system for security smile I've been doing php mysql for about a year now and think I could help smile Also I've developed forums before smile
  thanks for reading,
    HyperV

Re: Helping with the PunBB Project

Just hang in there for a day or two and you'll be able to download the latest CVS version from Sourceforge. Then you are welcome to do a little bug/security problem hunting :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

smile thnx rickard. Also, you know the way you have to make your own config.php  files ? will that be auto-done in the new version ?
<?php
//Write config_file
    touch("config.php");
    $fp = fopen("config.php", "w") or die("Error writing to config file");
    fwrite($fp, $config);
    fclose($fp);
?>
I've found putting that at the end of install.php does and auto-install of the config.php file. Guess linux users would have chmod probs though. I'll be sure to get the latest version smile

that requires php to have write privelegies in the forum basedir ... not everyone want that, or can control that ...

it's probably better to make a pseudo file save, so that you click on a button and php creates a file for you to save ... that you simply can upload to your host ...

You could always distribute a dummy config file and do this in the install:
if (@file_exists('config.php') && @!is_writable('config.php'))

If it's not writable, then inform the user to make it so or else he'll have to copy the contents of the page into config.php himself.

If it's writable then output it at the end of the install. They also should then make the file '444' to keep it safe.