Topic: User titles

I don't know if this is more of a feature request, or more of a question.

I have looked around at the settings to see if there is already something in place for this, but I have yet to see anything (AFAIK).

On my site, we have a single admin (me) and then multiple moderators. The moderators might moderate only a single board, or might moderate a few boards within the site.

As it stands right now, any moderator on any board can change any user's title under their name. To be honest, I don't even care - they are just silly and it doesn't bother me at all. But some users do care about such things, and I can't track who/which moderator is doing it since it could be any of them.

It would be nice if there were a way to still have the user title option there, and to still have the ability to change it as an administrator, but to have an option for the administrator to turn off the moderator ability to change user titles.
Ideally even on a "per moderator" basis. There are some I know don't fool around, and then there are some that I know do. While they make good moderators for various reasons, it would be nice if I could still turn off their individual abilities to change other people's user titles.

Again, perhaps this exists, but I haven't seen it - could just be looking in the wrong place(s).

Re: User titles

PunBB 1.2 will most likely have an option that sets whether moderators can edit user profile or not. I doubt I will make it on a "per moderator" basis though. Also, moderator rights in general will be a bit more limited. They won't be able to e.g. rename admins and other moderators.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: User titles

if they are going to "fool around" should they really be your moderators?