Topic: New posts

If you were the last person to post in a forum it should not highlight with new posts as far as i can think there is no reason for it to do this

Re: New posts

It should actually. The highlight appears when there are new posts since your last visit. It is not an indicator of what posts you have read or not, only which forums/topics contain new posts.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

oh ok its just would it not be better to not show posts you have posted in as you have obviously read that topic and know that there are new posts in it?

Maybe it would, but it also require a hell of a lot more code and cookie or database access.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i was thinking it could just use the same variable as the last poster eg

if ( lastposter != mynickname ) { newpost script }

Aha, I figures you wanted the indicator to disappear after you'd read a topic. Doing what you suggested is possible, but then it wouldn't be "consistent". The indicator should display which forums/topics contain new posts. The fact that you just posted a message shouldn't really affect that. That's my opinion anyway.