Topic: post count

i think suggestions should go here, move it if they dont.

make it so that it doesnt increase the number of posts when someone posts, but insteads does something like mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM posts WHERE user=username)); (please note that i doubt this will work right now) so that it will subtract posts from dleted posts and stuff.

wait, d*mn pruning. ok, when a post is deleted have it subtract a post from the user. this way people dont spam to get higher post counts, cause if we delete it they still have the same number of posts.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Re: post count

If people spam, just reset their post counter to zero. That'll stop them from ever spamming again. Either that, or hide the post count from them via admin/options -> "Show user post count".

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Frank H 2004-08-29 23:35)

this has been up a few times ...  the post counter is for how many posts the user has written, nothing else...

anyhow ... if someone thinks someone spams ... just manually lower the postcount in the users profile ... need admin right though for that...

Edit: lol 31 sec too late big_smile
Edit2: lol 29sec, I cannot do math I see big_smile

That would work, just a bit of an incovince. I would reset there post counts to zero for spamming, but im sure theyll just spam more to get it back up

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

and you don't think the same will happen if you delete their posts and therefore lower their postcount?

if you have users that's spaming, I'd advice you to just what Rickard said, hide it through the admin options.

but it's always possible to mod, but the bb will be slower wink

The only way is to hide the post count. That's what I did on the forum I'm running. A lot of the spammers just left the forum then.

Bah, IIS and MSSQL... -_-