Topic: Utf-8? ...

How to set the charset to utf-8? I suppose it is possible as I see <pun_char_encoding> in the default template... But where can I set that value to unicode? My forum is in iso-8859-1... is it still possible to move to unicode without having problem with the messages that have been posted until now?

Re: Utf-8? ...

See this topic.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

If you have your messages in ISO now the best option is to make a text dump of the database and just convert it with a text editor. Or use client encoding control if your database supports it (i.e. it must be either MySQl 4.x or PostgreSQL). MySQL 3.22 does not support UTF-8 properly, so you might get garbled search results, string functions (if used) like lower() etc.

Julik: I made some changes to search_idx.php in 1.2 (see here) that were inspired by the patch I got from you. I believe very little effort should now be required to make it work with e.g. UTF-8. It would be great if you could take a look and see what has to be done with it now in order for it to work. Perhaps we can get it to work "right out of the box" so to speak.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."