Re: Unanswered posts

never.. pretty useless for me actually.  i use the forums to post news on my site's front page.  that query returns almost all my own posts... haha big_smile

i did move the 'show new posts since last visit' up to the top though, under "logged in as... last visit", as it's the most logical place, and easily accsesible to visitors too.

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

Paul wrote:

No I have never used it.

I would replace it with "Show todays posts" which shows all posts within the last 24 hours or Chacmools suggestion for guests and those who have not loggon on.

I'm working on this now. A question though. The search will show new posts that have been made within 24 hours. Should it still read "Show todays posts"? I mean, the posts could in fact have been made yesterday.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I think "Show todays posts" sounds better (shorter) than some "Show posts made..."-description.

"Show todays posts" is the usual. The only reason I suggested 24 hours rather than the actual day is if you hit it one minute after midnight nothing is going to show up. Also it would cause confusion across timezones. Alternatives are
"Show latest posts"
"Show recent posts"
"Show posts for last 24 hours"

Personally I quite like "Show recent posts".

If the links to the posts in the search result are not going to jump to the new post but just to the topic then maybe "Show active topics".

"Show todays posts" it is. My second choice was "Show recent posts", but there's just no way of translating that into Swedish :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

So nothing in Sweden has happened recently then.

Correct :)

Not being a native Swede i might be wrong, but wouldn't "färska inlägg" be a correct translation of "recent post":-)
Yeah I know it sounds a bit odd - but it is a translation....

It sounds odd yes :)

I'd vote for "Visa senaste inlägg" or something like that.

Ok ok! "Show recent posts" it is. More suggestions for the Swedish translation are welcome :)

CodeDuck wrote:

Not being a native Swede i might be wrong, but wouldn't "färska inlägg" be a correct translation of "recent post":-)
Yeah I know it sounds a bit odd - but it is a translation....

Not really. The word "färska" has a slightly different meaning. It does imply that the posts are recent, but also that they are "fresh and exiting" (or something).

lol that would be cool instead of recent posts
Fresh and exciting posts