Topic: name changing

When a user changing is name he is getting out of his session and not get redirected into his new session, also his last should be closed, cuz you got to see the two session open at the same time.

Also, all the messages he wrote before still using his last username.

Hope I helped you...

Barak Mor, Web Developer

Re: name changing

Barakud wrote:

When a user changing is name he is getting out of his session and not get redirected into his new session, also his last should be closed, cuz you got to see the two session open at the same time.

Ah, I see.
If you change the username of a player, they're knocked off the nick (since it's been changed but they logged in for the old nick) but they're still listed as online.

Barakud wrote:

Also, all the messages he wrote before still using his last username.

Erm, they change with me.
You're sure his posts didn't change?

I believe I have fixed this issue in a previous version. What version are you running Barakud?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

4 (edited by Barakud 2004-09-06 20:40)

And I'm the user so I sure...

Barak Mor, Web Developer

5 (edited by RickardTest 2004-09-06 22:22)

I'll try it here then.

Edit: I'm posting this as RickardTest. Sure enough, I was logged out, but all posts made by me read RickardTest and my previous account was removed from the online list. I'm gonna change back to just Rickard now.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

As you can see, I'm not experiencing this problem. Can we get an URL to your forums just to check it out?

ofcourse, it's in Hebrew but I't was in test messages and now it ain't there:

http://newsil.sourceforge.net/forums/

Barak Mor, Web Developer

Is it a new 1.1.5 install or have you upgraded from an earlier version?

1.1.5 install, not an update

Barak Mor, Web Developer

Barakud: I posted a message in your forums. Try changing my name to e.g. RickardTest.

Well, now it works, I guess it happend because it was the first messege on the forum. The messege that is automatically created with the creation of the forum.

Well, thnx anyway

Barak Mor, Web Developer

Ah, OK.