Topic: Post counting

I have got another problem on my forum with post counting. Whe you look here: http://bulgaricus.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 71&p=7 at user Eminencja, he has posted more than 2 post, but the forum states only 2. How is that possible?

Re: Post counting

The only what that can happen (AFAIK) is if an admin manually altered his/her post count in the profile.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Edward 2004-09-09 19:42)

I am the admin and I did not changed anything for sure smile

Look at user Wujek SD here: http://www.bulgaricus.com/forum/viewtop … 00&p=3 . He is a newly registered user who wrote his first post and has statistics 0.

I honestly don't know what has happened there. Then again, you're using a very old version, so my first suggestion would be to upgrade.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Is that easy to do? I have made some modifications like translation to Polish, polls, new smilies. How do you think, will it be very time consuming and safe to change 1.1.5 ?

The most time consuming part will be to redo parts of the translation to suit PunBB 1.1.*. Other than that, it shouldn't be too much trouble. Then again, PunBB 1.2 will be released fairly soon, so you might as well wait for it.

So, I will wait for 1.2. When is it expected?

When it's done :) I really can't say when. People request new stuff all the time.

I am wondring whether to wait or to unstall 1.1.5. Now I am installing Coppermine Photo Gallery and there is a bridge to PunBB 1.1.5, so may be it will be better if I upgrade my forum now. How do you think?

It's up to you. I really can't say.

I will upgrade to 1.1.5 smile

I downloaded it and read the install file, but it says nothing about upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.1.5. Do you have any idea how to do it?

What will happen with my polls? I have implemented this mod in my forum.

How can I backup my MySQL data base?

You have to upgrade to 1.1 first.

I have no idea what will happen with the polls. You'll have to ask Chacmool that.

You can backup your database in many ways. One is to use e.g. phpmyadmin. Another is to use the command line tool mysqldump.

Thanks for the support! It worked! Now I have 1.1.5 version on my site smile

There was no problem with the upgrade of the polls mod (thank you, Chacmool for your help).

Rickard wrote:

When it's done smile I really can't say when. People request new stuff all the time.

that really feels like it was directed to me...

i havent seen many post count problems, in fact, i havent seen any smile

im gonna need to update to 1.2 also... http://gary13579.info/forum (i know, i know, its empty...)

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);