1 (edited by hcgtv 2004-09-14 14:15)

Topic: Mozilla Thunderbird adds RSS feeds

The just released Thunderbird 0.8 email client contains RSS feed support.

Do a custom install and select RSS support.

Then in Tools->Account Settings->Add Account->RSS News & Blogs.

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird adds RSS feeds

Cool. I've been looking for something to replace Outlook Express. Maybe this will do it. I tried out an earlier version (0.5 I believe), but it didn't quite cut it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thunderbird has been my main email client since May, before that it was Mozilla.

Since May, don't remember what version it was, not a single hiccup.

For those wishing to be on the bleeding edge, Firefox 1.0 Preview Release is available. Information here
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox … /0.10.html

I would like to use Thunderbird but am locked into Outlook 2003 for work. Ho hum.

anyone know if if can use multipart 'attachments' in newsgroups now? (or even with an extension)
(I'm on a few ng where they attach stuff they've made, and if it's multipart the old version I had couldn't assemble several posts into one)

Frank H: Stay away from alt.binaries :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Frank H: Stay away from alt.binaries :)

For binaries, please use this: http://newsbin.com/

Frank H: I know it's been a feature request, don't know if it's in 0.8, but should be there by 1.0

Rickard: True, but they don't like postings of binaries in those alt.comp.apps groups, and checking out other ppls things and give suggestions is severely limited when one cannot see poly structures etc wink

I'm now using Firefox 0.10pr, a very fast browser, just got faster!

Uninstalled 0.9.3, backed up my old profile, started with a fresh profile and then copied over bookmarks.html and cookies.txt.

Highly recommended upgrade, don't let the preview release fool you this is release 0.10 with the complete feature set for 1.0.

i just setup the RSS for this site, its neat except its a bit bodged, the program thinks its an email account, still pretty nice