Topic: Can't delete forums or topics

Suddenly, I can't delete a thing on my forum. The problem is, I can't remember when it appeared for the first time, but I guess it is when I moved my forum to another host.

Because I didn't manage to backup my forum database and put it back at  the new host, I transported my database table by table (don't ask why, it was the only way i could save my forums and topics). After that, I used the Splittopic-mod.

I can split topics and create new topics with existing posts, but I can't move topics or posts, nor can I delete posts or topics. I can't create new forums either.
Each time I get "bad-request". Disabling my firewall doesn't work. My old forum is still at the old host, wìth Split-topic-mod, and works fine :s

Anyone an idea??

Re: Can't delete forums or topics

Have you tried it without the mods?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes, I removed the mod, but it still doesn't work, i can't move or delete any topics or posts.
Is it possible it has something to do with moving to another host?

Yes, it's possible, but don't just give up yet. Give me an example of an action that gives you the "Bad request" error message. You can't even delete a single post by clicking the "Delete" link in viewtopic?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, i'm trýing not to give up...

I get the bad request (Bad HTTP Referer - just changed the language to EN so i can explain things better) when i:
- want to delete a single post by clicking the linkin "view forum"
- use the 'delete multiple post' link and try to remove one (or more) post
- use the link 'moderate forum' and try to delete a topic
And i just found out i can't close a topic... same message.
The only thing that dìd work, was moving posts to another topic in another forum, but I removed the mod for troubleshooting.

I can't move complete topics using the moderate forum link; i can select the new forum, but when i click move, it says "bad referrer". I do disable my firewall, because that's how it used to work.

Is there a big "i feel very stupid" smiley?
Once again I read the topics here in troubleshooting, and once again I looked to the options on my board... And I don't know how I managed to overlook it, but there was the old url of the old forum......

Sorry waisting your time... wink
(strange though, that the mod dìd work...?)

:D