Topic: Don't you just love big corporations?

http://www.kingstoncomputerplanet.com/f … php?t=6479

I wonder if they use an automated service for that or if one person actually shipped them :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Don't you just love big corporations?

That is incredible, but M$ has the money to compensate for idiocy.

I've yet to install SP2 on anything, I've heard good and bad.

My main machine is a clean install with SP1, no hotfixes and I'm fine. But I don't use IE or Lookout Express and every service imaginable is turned off.

Sad imho ... one of those things that can make service worse, when people abuse it (as he didn't need that many) ... sigh

I'm guessing automated service ... but I guess schools etc might take a few of them...

Those 1000$ as he estimated could have gone to fixing one more bug wink

sad but still funny ;p

Frank H wrote:

Sad imho ... one of those things that can make service worse, when people abuse it (as he didn't need that many) ... sigh

I'm guessing automated service ... but I guess schools etc might take a few of them...

Those 1000$ as he estimated could have gone to fixing one more bug wink

They can afford a million more "bugfixes" anyway so that wouldnt matter...
He only had the chance to abuse the service because MS didnt check for doubles when they shipped the order...

It's always fun to tease the top companies, what do they loose from that? =P

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation - Oscar Wilde

they loose 1000$ that could have been put to better use ... just like if a small company would have done the same thing ... it's dangerous for a company to start throwing money away... then you're in trouble quitefast...

So, you think abuse is ok, as long as it's possible to perform it? wink
Making worms is then by the same means just as good and fun, as it's possible to do it and MS have not put the appropiate things to block it? wink

Crazy Canadians smile