Topic: The US election

I watched the presidential debate last night. Oh my! If Bush wins this one, my faith in the American people will be shattered once and for all. He's a complete moron, people. I'm not joking. The man is barely able to speak and stand up at the same time. I don't care much for Kerry either, but at least he has the mental capacity of an _adult_. He actually tried to answer some of the questions that were asked (not very common I might add). Bush's game plan was to simply deny/counter everything Kerry said and to bring up the supposed fact that Kerry has been "changing positions" on the war in Iraq all the time. Incredibly annoying.

Please remember that you are electing a president, not just some guvenor. Whatever the turn-out, it will have consequences for the entire world, not just your little corner of it. You're choosing the man to be in control of the most powerful political position in the world. I'm not saying you should vote for Kerry, I'm just saying you shouldn't vote for Bush! I'm positive the world will be a better place without a mad texan doing the old: "That's the guy who tried to kill my daddy. Drop some bombs or sumthin!"

</rant>

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: The US election

I don't like either of them.  In 2000 I voted for Gore, I didn't like Bush as Governor and didn't want him as President.  But I was in the minority here in Texas so my vote didn't amount to much.  This year I will be voting for Bush.  Kerry doesn't have what it takes to run a country.  If Kerry were to be elected, we would be a weaker country because of it.

These "debates" have no bearing whatsoever on my decision, I don't watch them.  You can't make your decision on a few hours of "debate".

I've also watched the debate.
As I'm french I have not all understood. I'm waiting the translation to understand all. But what I understand is that if i was american, I would vote Kerry fo so many reasons:
Having a plan to go out from the israelo-palestinian problem
Having a plan to go out from the war in Iraq
Having a plan for to come back in the international law (particulary UN)

In france there was a poll that gives:
for Kerry : more than 80%
Of course it has no value, but it shows that there is a real interest for this election or the president of the world.

Euh, Rickard, I'm curious, what's your nationality? You seem to speak french well...

Ludo

4 (edited by Ludo 2004-10-01 11:58)

Richard wrote:

I don't like either of them.  In 2000 I voted for Gore, I didn't like Bush as Governor and didn't want him as President.  But I was in the minority here in Texas so my vote didn't amount to much.  This year I will be voting for Bush.  Kerry doesn't have what it takes to run a country.  If Kerry were to be elected, we would be a weaker country because of it.

These "debates" have no bearing whatsoever on my decision, I don't watch them.  You can't make your decision on a few hours of "debate".

Do you think it's a good thing to be out of the international law?
Do you think Bush has contributed to solve the israelo palestinian problem like Clinton did for example?
Respecting the UN is not equivalent to be weak

5 (edited by Jansson 2004-10-01 11:18)

"Weaker country"

Omg.. rofl!

Stop bombing other countries and they may stop harrassing you ;)

I don't like either Kerry or Bush, but would vote Bush. I despise Kerry's election tactics and propositions. Sure, Kerry can talk pretty, doesn't mean he would be a good president. I have seen many a time when Kerry has embarassed himself badly... he just seems confused.

Andy wrote:

I don't like either Kerry or Bush, but would vote Bush. I despise Kerry's election tactics and propositions. Sure, Kerry can talk pretty, doesn't mean he would be a good president. I have seen many a time when Kerry has embarassed himself badly... he just seems confused.

Good president, I don't know. But it's undeniable he would be a less bad président than Bush...

I don't want either of them in office, but would feel more secure with Bush, for many reasons...

Andy wrote:

I don't want either of them in office, but would feel more secure with Bush, for many reasons...

If you were soldier, britain or american, you wouldn't say that.

Richard wrote:

This year I will be voting for Bush.  Kerry doesn't have what it takes to run a country.

And George W does? He has proven over and over again over the last four years that he does not. He has been making decisions at the mercy of lobbyist, not political conviction. He's got the Saudis, Halliburton, Exxon, <insert war/oil related corporation> so far up his behind, he can't stand up straight. Top top things off, he disapproved the Kyoto Protocol (which the EU, Japan and Russia have now approved).

Richard wrote:

If Kerry were to be elected, we would be a weaker country because of it.

I see the propaganda has affected you as well. It's not USA vs. terrorism. It's the world vs. terrorism. Having a "gung ho" warmonger in office in USA is only going to lead to more loss of life. The only thing Bush has done in the "fight against terrorism" is to piss them off even more. Fighting terrorism is a delicate and precise business. Invading countries hardly helps. Vote for Bush - North Korea next!

USA needs to take a good look at itself before acting judge and executioner for the rest of the world. Your domestic financial and social problems are much larger and more important than the war on terrorism. Still, terrorism is all we hear about. I heard somewhere there are more African Americans in prison than there are in college. Now THAT is a problem.

Richard wrote:

Of course not, but then again, it is in debates such as this one that you can get a glimpse of what is behind the propaganda machine. The candidates get asked a question and are forced to try to respond. No speech writers, no script.

What America needs is a new Clinton, not a new Reagan.

Ludo wrote:

Euh, Rickard, I'm curious, what's your nationality? You seem to speak french well...

I'm Swedish. Do you mean English by the way? I hardly speak any French :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

I'm Swedish. Do you mean English by the way? I hardly speak any French smile

Sorry, I thaught having seen you writing some words in french. But I can't find it up now... Maybe I make a confusion with somebody else.

Ludo

12 (edited by Andy 2004-10-01 13:19)

Ludo wrote:
Andy wrote:

If you were soldier, britain or american, you wouldn't say that.

Why? Sure, Bush led them into the war, but Kerry isn't going to withdraw from Iraq if he does get into office anyway. Kerry is constantly changing his stance on Iraq, I can't remember anymore what he thinks...

By the way, are you a soldier?

We live in sad times, dumbed down to be exact.

Janet's breast, Paris's video and what's Britney up to?

http://www.localhost.be/var/leftovers/710%20Reasons.jpg

Andy wrote:

Why? Sure, Bush led them into the war, but Kerry isn't going to withdraw from Iraq if he does get into office anyway.

He's not going to be he will tend to.

Andy wrote:

WhyKerry is constantly changing his stance on Iraq, I can't remember anymore what he thinks...

It's an argument 100% republican. You may not have well listened to him. He has explained it yesterday evening. Haven't you understood what he meant?

Andy wrote:

Not at all.

hcgtv wrote:

We live in sad times, dumbed down to be exact.

Janet's breast, Paris's video and what's Britney up to?

http://www.localhost.be/var/leftovers/710%20Reasons.jpg

Which made me think of this image:

http://tlf.cx/bilder/bush_oil.jpg

:)

Just saw some funny facts about the debate (i haven't read the previous posts so i might have missed them)

A 32 page document want drawn up by bush and kerry to aggree on stuff about the debate to make sure it went well... including

the stands had to be 1.25m so that bush didn't look small and the room had to be chilly so that kerry didn't sweat lol

Debate Rules Memo (32p PDF) - http://www.c-span.org/pdf/memounderstanding.pdf

Debate Transcript (HTML) - http://www.debates.org/pages/trans2004a.html

Latest Open Source project: [img=Templar PHP]http://code.google.com/p/templarphp/logo?logo_id=1251758459[/img]

TemplarPHP - A cascading template framework for PHP.

I know when i talk in english i seem as stupid. so shortly

After "Abo Ghrib abuse" i heard someone say: GWB will Fall in the next elections,
i said : NO, i bet you he will be president forever

hcgtv wrote:

We live in sad times

What if you know that your country in the list of GWB, as like "Iraq"

if you read the histroy you can know the future, everything is written in the holy books.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Well- interesting to get the "world view" on this, and unsurprisingly it is as expected. To me the more important issue are the senate/house elections that go on and that people seem to forget they are the true policy makers for this country. Naturally this is an exception when president issues executive orders.

For those who wish to blame only Bush for the war in Iraq need to remember he was given "approval" by the house and senate prior to it happening. He gave the order, but many more are responsible for "permitting" it to happen. Rarely has an American president gone to war SOLELY on his own.

I will not vote for Bush, as I to believe he is not really intellectually qualified and I for one am basically tired of attempting to be the worlds police/problem solvers. Perhaps a few bloody civil wars and when the killing is done, we'll be friends with the victor. Kerry, maybe- a return to more important things would be good, and a rest from the "wag the dog" groundhog day we are in would be quite refreshing. Or- no vote. Beauty of freedom is "if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice". However- if I could be sure of the majority parties in the house and senate, I would vote the other party in as president (love them checks and balances).

Abo Graub (sp?)- don't even get started on this. Pose em naked to humiliate them or send them to an "Arab" country where they can be freely tortured. People should let this one go. Whether one agrees with it or not, it is war and much worse treatment is generally part of it. A simple philosphy is well known in this country- if you don't want to get arrested or shot at- DONT CARRY GUNS AND SHOOT THEM IN PUBLIC AT PEOPLE WITH GUNS.

"Holy Books"- more wars have been caused by religion than any other subject. Perhaps all need to truly read, and live by, their "holy books" and not use it as an excuse to kill the infidels. A pretty simple rule is "Don't fuck with other people becuase of their beliefs". If I said I wanted to kill everyone that was not, lets say Catholic, people would be outraged, BUT flip that and say anyone not a muslim and it becomes a cause.

North Korea Next??- My guess is all in Europe should be concerned about this, I believe you'll be a lot closer to the threat than the US (by way the short range missile flies). And once again- perhaps the people of that region (China, Japan, S Korea, etc.) can solve this one without us getting involved. And I really think Iran should be on the list of concerns of the regions also..

It was noted that we should be more concerned about this election as it effects more than "our little world". But it is obvious by these posts that the world wishes we would just worry about our own little world and let the rest of it resolve there own issues. Perhaps our votes should be for us- our security, our economy, our future.

--------------------------------------
Look- I think deep down all people of the world want the same things- security, financial opportunity, and ability to feed and comfort one's family. Now since the world can't seem to provide it's citizens with these basic desires by shooting the hell out of each other, perhaps EVERYONE should sit back and stop what the hell they are doing and try something else. Perhaps a shot at giving the next generation a chance instead of teaching to throw rocks at anyone who they are told to.

Just some thoughts from a bitter american tired of seeing a country try, and tired of seeing the world trash us for it. Yep- as all seem to think - we can do no right....

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

this is funny smile

George W. Bush Resume
The White House, USA

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol.
I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days.
My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use.
By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average.
I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975.
I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas.
The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money. I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history
With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history
I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history.
My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.
I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.
My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.
I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption &nb! sp; invo lving the oil industry was revealed.
I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts (so my friends could still be in business).
I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.
I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.
In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our &nbs! p; reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.
I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004.

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW

snap, posted it: http://hcgtv.com/item/558

Better version:  http://monkeydyne.com/bushresume/resume.html   big_smile

hcgtv: I didn't know buddy.
I received an email this morning and I thought I could share it with punbb crew smile

Radio controlled debate? http://hcgtv.com/item/561

My goodness people.  Obviously you have been affected by your local propoganda machines.  To answer a few points:

I am not, but have two very good friends served in Iraq.  They both believe that we are more secure for going into Iraq.

Bush went to war for oil?

C'mon...really.  Look at the numbers.  It makes no sense to go to war for oil.  The cost of the war far outweighs the benefit of the oil contracts.

Bush is stupid.

Again, this is all propoganda.  I will admit that he isn't the best speaker in the world, but he got through Harvard and made himself a millionaire.  In addition, he played a huge part in his father's election, became governer of Texas, and successfully beat Gore in 2000.  People who tell me that Bush is stupid are also the same people who tell me that he successfully duped the entire country into going to war.  Really people, be consistent.

War on Terror and Iraq

I know its hard to understand when you didn't go through 9/11 like some of us.  We all had different experiences of that day.  I personally saw the Pentagon burn and the ruins of the WTC.  I saw the pictures of missing people placed all over NYC.  We cannot wait for the next attack, we have to take care of threats before the become attacks.

There is a lot more that I could say, but I'll spare you the rant.

NFL-Forums.com administrator