Topic: Bugs..

Well, I thought I'd e-mail myself on the forum that I'm working on to check if it worked so I could then give out warnings through e-mails.

Well, unfortunatly it dosn't work. Could you please fix this for the future versions? thanks smile
Also, I don't know if this is a bug on all the forums but on the one I work on (Version: 1.1.5) the IP is the one of the default server. I'd like to know if that could be fixed too..

Thankyou, I'll check back tomorrow for replies.

-Antony (Tux)
See you at the bitter end!

Re: Bugs..

Antony wrote:

Well, I thought I'd e-mail myself on the forum that I'm working on to check if it worked so I could then give out warnings through e-mails.

Well, unfortunatly it dosn't work. Could you please fix this for the future versions? thanks :)

What doesn't work? E-mailing yourself through the mail form? There's nothing in PunBB that would stop you from doing that. Maybe it's a problem with your mail configuration. Did you get an error message?

Antony wrote:

Also, I don't know if this is a bug on all the forums but on the one I work on (Version: 1.1.5) the IP is the one of the default server. I'd like to know if that could be fixed too..

This (if I understand you correctly) has been fixed in the next version.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

What doesn't work? E-mailing yourself through the mail form? There's nothing in PunBB that would stop you from doing that. Maybe it's a problem with your mail configuration. Did you get an error message?

No, I didn't an error message. I got the message that the mail was delivered successfully.

Rikard wrote:

This (if I understand you correctly) has been fixed in the next version.

Ah, smashing! Thanks smile

-Antony (Tux)

did you type your email address correctly? i know it sounds stupid but iits very easy

5 (edited by Antony 2004-10-30 11:24)

Connorhd wrote:

did you type your email address correctly? i know it sounds stupid but iits very easy

That's impossible. It dosn't ask for an e-mail account.
I'll do something in paint to show you want i'm trying to say.

This is what I see:
http://img66.exs.cx/img66/8963/bug.png

Edit
Hrmm, well after having an interesting conversation with Connorhd over IRC, we have found the problem and I will now fix it.
Sorry for any inconveniences and thankyou for all your help smile

-Antony (Tux)