Topic: Convertors

Hello--
I thought I would save myserlf some time and just ask around here to see if anyone knew where I can get a forum converter that would convert my punbb database to another forum. I haven't been able to find any converters for any software and wanted to know if you guys knew of any? I'm not looking to leave this software, I just want to convert a database over.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Convertors

I don't believe there are any "from PunBB" converters. Sorry.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well, dont see why anyone would want to convert "from" PunBB, but if you have a knowledge of PHP and mysql, you might be able to just take one of the * to PunBB converters and modify it to work backwards.

just an idea..

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Yeah, I would have done that long ago if I had the knowledge I need.

"dont see why anyone would want to convert "from" PunBB" - Gary
I want to convert for the same reasons people want to convert from VB/PHPBB/IPB to Punbb. Punbb doesn't allow me to email users, have sub boards, have attachments, have supermods among other things without modifiying pure files and installing addons.

theres one for phpbb i think, this is the wrong place to ask though... ask in the forum you want to convert to