Topic: where all that java at?

hi again.  i created a template and basically just plopped punbb right in the middle of it.

my main.tpl looks like this.

<pun_include "../site_header.php">
<br>

<table align="center" width="600">
  <tr>
    <td>

<table class="punmain" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
    <tr class="punhead">
        <td class="punhead">
            <span class="puntitle"><pun_title></span><br>
            <pun_desc>
        </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="puncon1">
            <pun_navlinks>

<div align="right"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.f8klan.com/irc/chatpage.php">OPEN CHAT FEATURE</a></div>

<pun_status>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

<pun_announcement>

<pun_main>

<pun_footer>

<br>
</td>
  </tr>
</table>

<pun_include "../site_footer.php">

i wrapped my site around it by including a header and footer.  anybody know how i can get all this junk back into my header?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html dir="<pun_content_direction>">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<pun_char_encoding>">
<pun_head>
</head>
<body<pun_body>>

my internet explorer users are getting bomb barded with java script errors.
www.thleague.com/forum
is where im working on it now.

Re: where all that java at?

Looks perfectly fine to me with IE...

You need to re-add <pun_body> to the body tag.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ahh, ok ill do taht then.  the initial ones were my fault anyway. whats the <pun_content_direction> and <pun_body> link to anyway?

<pun_content_direction> is replaced with either LTR or RTL depending on whether the content is to be displayed left-to-right or right-to-left. <pun_body> is replaced with an onload attribute that focuses certain form fields (e.g. the username field on the login screen).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

6 (edited by sporkit 2004-11-24 00:21)

i tried adding the <pun_body> tag back to my site_header.php file but it doesnt recognize it.  i get a little > at the top of my page.  i think the java code i need is in header.php.  i think im just gona copy it into my header file for now but i have everything in a nice little js file.  this code has the php in it. o_o

my users are getting errors when they login or post and things like that.

looks fine to me in FireFox 1.0 also...

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

sporkit: PunBB only looks for those template tags in the .tpl files.

yes i know.  but if my body is in a different file then how should i still include these tags for the tpl file?

That would be difficult. PunBB needs to be able to generate the head and body of the page in order to include JavaScripts.

darn.  well maybe ill nitpick the java till i find a way to get rid of as many errors as i can.