Topic: Download config.php file

what i was thinking is having an option to download the config.php file during the install. So instead of having tocopy the file, paste it, save it, and then upload it, you would just download it and upload it.
it would be simple to do, and is one of the nice features about other forums like phpBB.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Re: Download config.php file

i afraid about small bug cause we can download it for any forum.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

no, it will only let you download it after you run the installer file. after its installed, and it gets to the screen that tells you to copy/paste the config.php file, then youd have the option of downloading it instead.
i didnt mean that you could download the config.php from any forum...

Indocron

I've thought about it before. I'll put it on the list. Won't make any promises though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well, thanks for putting it on the list smile

Indocron

6 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2004-12-05 04:48)

just curious but why can't the forum/installer just make one for you and put in the right directory instead of all the copy/paste/upload/download?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

But when the installer does this all automatically you must delete him, so the config file isn't overwritten and therefore you must still use your ftp-programe.

I think it would be easier to change permissions on config.php to 444, than copy/paste/ftp the config.php file and then still have to get rid of the install.php file.

theres no need to delete install.php whichever way you do it since it won't run if theres a config.php

Dr.Jeckyl: I asked Rickard in irc but he says its not worth it since most of the time users don't have permission to create the file

Connorhd wrote:

Dr.Jeckyl: I asked Rickard in irc but he says its not worth it since most of the time users don't have permission to create the file

my windows server has no problem with it big_smile

Indocron

Connorhd wrote:

that makes good sense.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

why need a "Download config.php", when i upgrade i use the same config.php, when i install new forum i make it 1..5 by my life, it is a dangerous when play with config.php.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

what?
i think it would temp others to play with the config.php file if you show it straight to them rather then downloading it

Indocron

heres a little mod for you:
open install.php, find file (line:977):
    $config = '<?php'."\n\n".'$db_ty...........
replace the "}" after that with

$fh = @fopen('config.php', 'wb');
    if ($fh) {
        fwrite($fh, $config);
        fclose($fh);
        echo "Config File Written";
    }
    else {

then add an extra "}" to the end of the file

that will make your config.php file for you if you have permissions, otherwise it will just give you the normal output