Topic: Logo

on my site: cd.bromley.ac.uk/supertux/forums, Ive managed to put the logo on their, unfortunatly its invalid HTML (the IMG tage is in the HEAD tage), i tried placing in in the body section but it either did not appear or in the wrong part of the body. Anyone here can help me where I should play the tag in the header.php file?

Re: Logo

You should place it in the template (include/template/main.tpl).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thankyou! perhaps in a future version you could have a visual way of placing your logo. Anyway Thankyou again that was a very useful

4 (edited by snapsolutions 2004-12-09 19:19)

Your logo is too large (152.18 KB). Consider this as a suggestion wink

A visual way of placing your logo?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

A visual way of placing your logo?

Maybe he means using DW or some other WYSIAWYG app.

Well the logo is now reduced in size tongue

What I meant was, some kind of setting in admin.

Example:

Site/Forum logo: yes|no
->select image.
where should logo be positioned: top: right|centre|left|none bottom: right|centre|left|none.

soemthing roughly like that

but its easy enough to edit main.tpl and that gives alot more flexiblity for people who want more than just an image

Agree with Connorhd about editing main.tpl, just wanted to share a problem I came accross a few days ago:

In main.tpl I added two <meta> tags above the <pun_head> tag and styles suddenly got broken under IE. Things seem fine until you use the Back button of the browser. Then the page you go back to is displayed without styles. Refreshing doesn't help.

This got solved after I moved the <meta> tags below <pun_head> like this:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<pun_char_encoding>">
<pun_head>
<meta name="Keywords" content="..." />
<meta name="Description" content="..." />

Can't guess the reason and it works for me now.

yuzz. Thanks, that was useful to know.

I have no idea how that could affect anything.

Me neither but I'm checking anyway.

EDIT:

As expected, I couldn't reproduce the problem.

A bit of contextual description:

I'm with Linux, so I don't use IE. The problem was reported to me with a screenshot. I upload it here for reference. The installation is at http://projectoria.org/forum/

I tested it then myself on Windows in an Internet cafe (so probably with high security restrictions, connection through a local proxy etc., if that would matter) and was able to reproduce it. I want to add that the <link> tag for the css was still present in the head and contained the correct path, but obviously style definitions didn't get loaded.

I am really not too involved in php scripting (or any more advanced programming), so I have no clue on what would have caused this. Could be, of course, an IE problem, rather than something with punBB.

Were you entering the meta tag stuff in Russian. Maybe that makes a difference. All I see when I view you meta tags as source is a bunch of nonesense characters.

Your tags do not appear to be closed properly either.

15 (edited by yuzz 2004-12-14 10:37)

Sorry for not replying sooner, wasn't able to follow the forum for a couple of days.

Yes, the meta tags contain text in Cyrillic (to be precise -- Bulgarian, not Russian). I actually realize now that there probably is difference in the encoding of main.tpl and the other files of the installation, namely because of that -- I will check this at home later today. But with regards of the encoding the forum works fine.

Tags are closed properly, did not understand your note about that.

update: main.tpl was with broken encoding. I have corrected it and will find a way to test whther the problem can be reproduced.