Topic: unable to logout

Hello, after installing the forum and although I disabled the option to keep me automatically logged in, when i try to logout, it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Re: unable to logout

1) Give us a link to your forum
2) Try manually deleteing your cookie by viewing your cookies set by your browser and deleteing the one that punbb has set
3) Try logging in and out again

What browser do you use?

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

3 (edited by cimm3rian 2004-12-15 02:22)

I can't give you the link, because i took it down when i noticed that.
It's a project for my uni and i work on it locally too. I tried it with IE, firefox and opera from my machine, and from another machine on the local network with ie getting the same results.

*upate
after trying it again an interesting thing happened. While from my machine i was able to logout, i couldn't from the other machine. I didn't do any changes in both machines

*note: this happened in both forums, the one on my machine and the one i uploaded

Try emptying your cookies.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I had this happen to me too. If you have a browser that is a cache freak, and it saves just about everything, the logout or login would be cached. The browser wouldn't log out, but simply redirect.

I fixed mine by putting the no cache tags found at the top of index.php in the redirect page. This logged me out every time.

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

Yes, an old IE user at my forums couldnt log out either. never figuered it out.

cache is really a possiblity

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);