1 (edited by Tuf 2004-12-27 10:20)

Topic: 2 Questions : smileys&cookies

hi, merry christmas ! wink

d'like to know two things, if u can help me, it would be great smile

1- How do i had a new smileys on my PunBB ? this one  -> tongue <- for example.

2- I would like to get the login of my logged users on the homepage of my website. I would like to have "Hello Harry" on my homepage when it is written "Logged in as Harry" on my PunBB
how can i do that ?

thx for response
sorry for my bad english

Re: 2 Questions : smileys&cookies

the first one is easy, from the faq.html inlcuded in the download:

3.1.  How do I add more smilies to my forums?

Adding more smilies to your forums is not difficult, but it involves editing one of the scripts that comes with PunBB. Here's a step-by-step instruction. Having very basic knowledge of PHP or programming in general is recommended.

Copy the smilies you want to add/change to into the directory img/smilies/.
Open up the file include/parser.php in a text editor and locate the line that starts with "// Here you can add additional smilies if you like" (it's almost at the top of the file). There you will find two PHP arrays - $smiley_text and $smiley_img. $smiley_text contains the character combinations for the smileys (e.g. big_smile or roll) and $smiley_img contains the filenames of the smiley images (e.g. big_smile.png or roll.png).
For every new smiley that you want to add, add a character combination to $smiley_text and a filename to $smiley_img. Please note that you must escape the character ' (singlequote) with a backslash if you use it in any of your smilies (e.g. ':rock\'n\'roll:'). Singlequote must be escaped so that PHP can understand that it is not the end of the string, but a character in the string. The same goes for backslash. If your smiley contains a backslash, just must escape that backslash with another backslash (e.g. ':\\').
Once you've added your smileys above, you should pay attention to the row below the smiley arrays. It says that if any of your smilies contain any of the characters &, ", ', < or >, you must uncomment the row thereafter.
Finally save/upload the file and try it out. A list of all installed smilies can be found at the bottom of the help text in help.php.
If you get a PHP error message stating that it encountered a "Parse error", you probably forgot to escape a singlequote or backslash character in the $smiley_text array.

the second question i can't help you with.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

3 (edited by Tuf 2004-12-27 12:43)

thank you, it's work perfectly well smile

Any idea for my second question ? smile

I could tell you how, but I'd rather wait until 1.2 is out.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by Tuf 2004-12-28 09:12)

you are cruel with me
More over that i don't know if i'll install the 1.2
don't know if i'll have the courage to do again all the modifications that i've done to my PunBB

Then search the forums. It has been answered many times before.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

7 (edited by Gary13579 2004-12-28 21:22)

open up lang/en/en_common.php
find this line (line 90)

'Logged in as'            =>    'Logged in as',

replace with

'Logged in as'            =>    'Hello',

save/upload

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);