1 (edited by Gizzmo 2005-01-01 22:21)

Topic: including files in another subdomain

well i have my forums on forums.justgizzmo.com, and i wana include some files to chat.justgizzmo.com, and everything includes fine but the links arnt correct and the style doesnt work. whats up?? thought it should work cuz its just down and back up a dir...nothing hard...

Re: including files in another subdomain

what are you trying to include? what links don't work what style doesn't work?

3 (edited by Gizzmo 2005-01-01 22:48)

im tryin to include the include/common.php, the header.php and footer.php and im useing the Oxygen theme. and the nav links are the ones that dont work, they just point deaper in the subdomin chat and not the forums one....oh yea and im useing 1.2 betta sorry for not stating that befor.

thats cos the links and the style don't use PUN_ROOT you should be able to put PUN_ROOT before them and it work i think in header.php and functions.php

it works when including files from different subdomains, but the style still dont work. links still point to chat.justgizzmo.com subdomain, and not forums.justgizzmo.com

also everythingworks great when viewing the site in the directeries insted of subdomains....

7 (edited by Connorhd 2005-01-02 11:43)

you can include using the directory structure but links and styles have to use the structure the browser sees  e.g. chat.domain.com / .. / forum will be changed to chat.domain.com/forum as it thinks there is nothing above chat.domain.com, you will need absolute links for it to work

i cant have to PUN_ROOTs, so how would i get it to work?

hey i figured it out, i added $pun_config['o_base_url'] to the end of the links in the navlinks function and added it also to the end of the link to the css files....i got it workin great now...