Topic: Changing Font Size in 1.2

I don't know anything about CSS, yet. But I was fooling around in the oxygen.css file to increase the font size by 2 points to 12px.
I set it at:

.pun {FONT-SIZE: 12px}

And it works like a charm in Firefox. But nothing changes in IE6. I cleared the cache, of course. Is there something I'm not seeing?

Re: Changing Font Size in 1.2

there is probably a different font setting for IE due to it not being able to resize fonts set as px? i think

Your CSS file, ~line 22:

/* IEWin Font Size only - to allow IEWin to zoom. Do not remove comments \*/
* HTML BODY .pun {FONT-SIZE: 62.5%}
/* End IE Win Font Size */

Change the 62.5% to whatever you want the new size to be. 75% should be about right.

75% is exactly right.

62.5% = 10px
68.75% = 11px (though I just use 70% as my default)
75% = 12px
100% = 16px (browser default)

Fantastic. It works great, and is easy...

6 (edited by Anborn 2005-01-10 19:09)

I've updated my forum to the version 1.2 (from the version 1.1.5) and if I view my forum with Internet Explorer it's all ok, but if I view the page with Firefox 1.0 the font size is very big. How can I solve that problem? :s

An other question, is there an style that looks like the default of the previous version?

Thanks.

pd: One last question, how can I remove the underline of the Forum titles (in the main page of the forum) in the style Oxigen.css? I've searched the place to put the "text-decoration: none" code in the source code of the .css but I didin't find it.

'You will live again, you will live forever. Behold, you are young again forever'

Anborn wrote:

I've updated my forum to the version 1.2 (from the version 1.1.5) and if I view my forum with Internet Explorer it's all ok, but if I view the page with Firefox 1.0 the font size is very big. How can I solve that problem? :s

The problem appears to be caused by that javascript thingy at the top. Remove it.

Anborn wrote:

An other question, is there an style that looks like the default of the previous version?

No

Anborn wrote:

pd: One last question, how can I remove the underline of the Forum titles (in the main page of the forum) in the style Oxigen.css? I've searched the place to put the "text-decoration: none" code in the source code of the .css but I didin't find it.

Go to Oxygen.css item 3.1. Add TD.tcl H3 to the list of items there which have their underlining turned off.

Thanks for your answer. But the javascript appears in both (IE and Firefox) browsers and in IE the forum is normal. I can't remove it because is the hosting that puts me that code on the top of all the pages.

I added what you said and it doesn't work:

#brdmenu A:link, #brdmenu A:visited,
.blockpost DT A:link, .blockpost DT A:visited, .blockpost H2 A:link, .blockpost H2 A:visited,
.postlink A:link, TD.tcl H3, .postlink A:visited, .postfootright A:link, .postfootright A:visited, .blockmenu A:link, .blockmenu A:visited
{TEXT-DECORATION: none}
'You will live again, you will live forever. Behold, you are young again forever'

Sorry, I should have written it out in full

TD.tcl H3 A:link, TD.tcl H3 A:visited

For your firefox problem, try this

Go to line 27 of Oxygen.css which reads
* HTML .pun TABLE {FONT-SIZE: 1em}

Try changing it to
.pun TABLE {FONT-SIZE: 1em}

I replaced that code and now goes all well smile

Thanks a lot Paul!