Topic: New Posts Bug + Style Changes

On my forums, http://forums.medievalbattles.com, I have noticed a problem with the "New Posts" message. I see a thread, click on "New Posts" to read everything. I then logout and come back two hours later. The threads that had "New Posts" still have that message with them eventhough no new posts have been made. I have tired messing with the online and visit timeouts to fix it, but that didn't help. If it's matters, my currnet timeouts are:
Visit Timeout: 660
Online Timeout: 600

And the bug with style changes. A number of my users, including myself, have encountered this problem. We change  the display style, when the new page loads an error is displayed. "Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated." is displayed. It's weird, because the style still changes, just the error is displayed afterwards I guess.

And great job with 1.2, Rickard. It looks amazing.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Re: New Posts Bug + Style Changes

Dunno about the first thing, but for the second, this might work:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=29655#p29655

Well that fixed that one. Thanks.

Now about the other...

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Strange about the new posts indicator. I've never run into any problems with it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by Mako 2005-01-12 18:37)

I always log out when I am done reading. Could it possibly be a cookie problem?

And I am using Firefox 1.0PR if it makes any difference.

Alright well I found a temporary way to fix the new posts problem on my copy. Right before I am about to log out, I make all topics read.

I have the same problem. sad However, I haven't looked at it very much yet.

I've got the same problem. In both IE and Mozilla. Need help cause I'm not the best at PHP.

I will look into it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Fix.

offtopicish: the dev site is great for fixes big_smile

Thanks again Rickard. You rock. Trac rocks.

::head explodes::