Topic: set a timemark to the links in "show posts since last visit"

When writing the attachment mod and reading through the code on viewtopic, I saw that one will get redirected ... and then I remember that the links on the spots since last visit page use links only as "action=new" ... this will in effect make that page not be able to jump to the last post if the user would read other posts and therefore spend so long time that the last visit time gets updated (similar to when the exclamationsmarks get removed)
Thus, it's not possible to open that page in a new window to make sure one will get to see the latest posts, but one also needs to click all the links on it before the online timeout gets updated

A solution would be that the "show posts since last visit"-page supplies another small tag, perhaps time=$currenttime, and that the viewtopic use that instead of $pun_user['last_visit']

Re: set a timemark to the links in "show posts since last visit"

Not a bad idea. I wonder if there would be any side-effects of such a change. Hmm.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: set a timemark to the links in "show posts since last visit"

well, it will be 'old', but I guess that's the whole point people use it ... if not one can always use it again to get a fresh time? big_smile