Topic: Snitz MSAccess to PunBB

I've just changed my hosting from my existing host to a new one.

What i have the problem with really is that my old host supported ASP but the new one doesn't  I've been running with a Snitz 2000 forum on the existing hosting & now need to change to an PHP based forum.  However  i need to know, if the existing Snitz 2000 database can be converted from it's current MSAccess format to MySQL & this can be imported into PunBB.

I run a charity based website so obviously doing things as cheap & simple as possible is the key here.  I've tried with phpBB but i hear this has had some pretty serious flaws with it's security & i'm not keen on paying out for a VB license either as this would be eating into the charity coffers.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Stoke on Trent bikers charity
www.stokebikeruns.co.uk

Re: Snitz MSAccess to PunBB

There are two problems. First of all, you'd have to ask in the Snitz forums for help in migrating your Access database into MySQL. I don't know if Snitz offers a script for that. Your second problem is that the PunBB migration tool currently does not support conversion from Snitz to PunBB, so you'd have to ask the author of that tool (chacmool) if he would consider adding support for Snitz.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Cheers Rickard.

I do know there is a convertor to MySQL available which i found a link for on the phpBB website & if i can find any trial versions which expire after 28 days I may opt for this at it's only a single small database of about 240k that i need to convert.

If you guys know of a converter from Snitz to PunBB it would be much appreciated & i'll get the thing up & running using PunBB - seems right up my street.

so ask now the user chacmool maybe he do convertor Sniz to punbb

Yours, Benny.

OK...

i'll PM / email him once i've sorted the domain / hosting transfer.  which may be done by tommrow