Topic: phpMyAdmin

I'm preparing to update my forums to 1.2. I understand how to make a backup of my forums using phpMyAdmin, but what I'm curious of is how I would go about putting that backup back onto the server to use should something go wrong with the update. I'd really appreciate any help someone could offer.

Re: phpMyAdmin

you go to sql and browse for the file in phpmyadmin

Just update your data via phpMyAdmin for example and make backup your 1.x files too.
I upgraded 1.1.5 to 1.2 without any problem.

[no signature]

You do that by clicking the SQL tab and then choosing a file to upload. You might have to drop the existing tables before you restore though.

Edit: Grr smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks everyone

How can i install phpmyadmin? Where need to a edit in file config.ins.php and where need to paste a url of my homepage?

If you want a Job done right, you do it yourself!

Xan wrote:

How can i install phpmyadmin? Where need to a edit in file config.ins.php and where need to paste a url of my homepage?

you dont install it. if you have a web site, when you get hosted by someone it will already be installed on it. some have phpmyadmin and some have different prgrams.

to install phpmyadmin you need to upload the files and edit confg.inc.php but you should read their instructions and its pretty simple

9 (edited by Xan 2005-01-17 19:52)

Quote from file config.inc.php with my edit and paste my url. Please, look and tell me if it's wrong (wrong - i mean, wrong url or wrong address of patch to phpmyadmin dir)

/**
* Your phpmyAdmin url
* Complete the variable below with the full url ie
*    http://www.weaving.forum.ru c:/program files/Forum/phpMyAdmin/

If you want a Job done right, you do it yourself!