Topic: Unable to connect to Mysql Server

Hey all.. pun BB is up and working great.. the only problem I have is randomly I will get "unable to connect to mysql server. Mysql reported: Can't connect to mysql server on 'localhost'(10048)."

Its completely random, you can be clicking on a user.. clicking on a thread.. its really random and its somewhat difficult to reproduce.. it will just randomly come up. This is a new insall of Punbb 1.2, and im using MySQL 4.1.8-nt and PHP 5.03, running on IIS on a Win2k3 box.

I used to run this off IIS4 (or was it 5?) on my xp machine, and I never had any problem.

anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Unable to connect to Mysql Server

try turning on debug mode in common.php and paste the full error here next time you see it

ok with debug mode turned on I received:

An error was encountered
File: C:\root\include\dblayer\mysql.php
Line: 58

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)

sounds like you're perhaps running out of connectisons on the database ...

is it your own server, and does it happen when there's lots of traffic going on?

5 (edited by Smartmonkey 2005-01-17 23:34)

yeah its my own server.. and there are only about 10 people hitting it.. its just up for a small amout.. im really kinda new to mysql and php and what not.. is there a way to increase the allowable connections to the mysql database?

Usually when I get the errors i am the only one that is hitting it as well.... but it does happen to other users

thx..

any other thoughts?