Topic: mark as read

Why punbb doesn't mark viewed post as read? Like in phpbb, when i saw some topic it is marked, so i know that i was there and i've seen it... in punbb i have to remember everything. It's no problem when i have small ammount of posts, but if there is a lot of them it won't be so nice... wink

Re: mark as read

the ! is threads with posts since last visit, not read or unread ...

IIRC there's a huge javascript mod to keep track on what you have read or not

Frank H wrote:

the !

The what ?

Tmn wrote:

Why punbb doesn't mark viewed post as read? Like in phpbb, when i saw some topic it is marked, so i know that i was there and i've seen it... in punbb i have to remember everything. It's no problem when i have small ammount of posts, but if there is a lot of them it won't be so nice... wink

There are 2 links in the upper right corner - "Show new posts since last visit" and "Mark all topics as read".  When you first come to the forum, click the Show new posts link and it will bring up a page with all the new posts.  Once you have read them all, simply click the Mark all topics as read link, and all the posts will be marked as "read".  That way you don't have to try and remember what you have and have not read. wink

He was asking for the forum software to do that for him, like others soft do.

It's not a unreasonnable request, at all.

Jérémie: True. However, we've had numerous discussion about it already and frankly, I think some of us are getting tired of hearing about it.

Tmn: Have a look at this.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Tmn wrote:

Why punbb doesn't mark viewed post as read? Like in phpbb

It's because punbb is not phpbb.
Moreover, having a system like in phpbb would be bloat. As Ricard does not want punbb to be bloat, we keep the actual system.

Ludo,