Topic: quick post

Hi,

Though quick post is on 'no' in admin/options I still have the quick post form at the bottom of topics.

Any idea?

Ludo,

Re: quick post

It's always displayed for admins and moderators. It has been my intention from the start to always allow admins and moderators to use all features of the forum regardless of their setting in admin/options (e.g. search). However, this is the second or third time this has been brought up, so I think I just might change that behaviour in 1.2.1.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I have the same problem: I've turned off Quick Post, but the form continues to appear -- even for users who are not moderators or administrator. I switched it off in Administration/Options; is there somewhere else I should make a change? I couldn't find a place to disable it for specific user groups.

Incidentally, this is a wonderful release. Great job.

Hmm, if that's the case, it's a bug. I'll have a look at it tonight.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ludo wrote:

Hi,

Though quick post is on 'no' in admin/options I still have the quick post form at the bottom of topics.

Any idea?

Ludo,

I have the same bug!

[no signature]

Fix (I hope).

Thank you wink

[no signature]

Thanks -- that works. But it produces an error (i.e., a blank page) if I turn Quick Post back on... I've double-checked and don't seem to have copied any of the code incorrectly.

That does not happen to me. Anyone else?

Rickard wrote:

That does not happen to me. Anyone else?

No err for me when I enable Quick Post option.

[no signature]