Topic: mysql 4.0.x or mysql 4.1.x

Which one is prefered? I have huge problems getting 4.1 to work. 4.0 finaly works again. Should I continue struggling to get 4.1 up and working (using debian) or could I settle with 4.0? Im running a quite large/busy site with it...

Re: mysql 4.0.x or mysql 4.1.x

lol, just had to say I'm still at 3.23.49  (the mysql in woody) big_smile

but the 4.1 seems to be the latest GA ... so I guess it should work ... perhaps wait a little while to see if the debian package get updated first?

For the purpose of running PunBB, the difference is negligible.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

thanks for your answers.

4.1 is needed if you want to try to use punBB in UTF8 charset.

Actually, you can use 3.2 or 4.0 also, but some features won't work properly. Some string might get truncated and sorting in userlist won't be correct.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Frank H wrote:

but the 4.1 seems to be the latest GA ... so I guess it should work ... perhaps wait a little while to see if the debian package get updated first?

if you are interested, you can upgrade to 4.1 with the packages from www.dotdeb.org

stevek1977 wrote:
Frank H wrote:

if you are interested, you can upgrade to 4.1 with the packages from www.dotdeb.org

Thanks, but everything is working, so I don't feel the need to change, but thanks anyway smile