Topic: How can i make other user groups mod abilities?

Well i need 2 sets of moderators some half mods and some full mods. I also have a Admin forum that I only want the full mods to see. I can not make any user groups that I can actually set users to beable to moderate. Is there a way to do this?

Also how can i add a custom skin?

Re: How can i make other user groups mod abilities?

No, there is no way to make another group of mods
(Well, that's not true, I modded the code so I have a group of "Forum Mods" in addition to the Moderators)
And the admin forum is simple enough: turn off all rights in the forum for everyone (since only admins will see it)

well i want half of the moderators to beable to access the admin forum and the other half not to wink

you could do it with the multiple user group mod if it works

Nah, since he wants 2 moderator usergroups, not 1. wink

lol well Connorhd thank you for assisting us with the forum we have, we needed it on a different server, well you probably know since treacher talked to you, well any ways thank you so much.
Ahh so there is no way.. so no one has made a mod yet, smarty that one u said does it?

I haven't made it to an official mod, all it is is manually changing a line on a couple pages so the group_id for another group is also considered a mod.
It could be made by someone else much better and more flexible (ie: you could add it to the groups table if you wanted)

Smartys wrote:

Nah, since he wants 2 moderator usergroups, not 1. wink

he could make them all members of the moderator group + some memebers of the group with access to the admin forum