Topic: Is Voting possible on PunBB???

I would say that PunBB is the cleanest and simplest looking forum which is why I absolutely adore it however I was wondering if voting is possible (or at least a hack is available)???

Re: Is Voting possible on PunBB???

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3009&p=1

Unfortunately, this isn't integrated to the site sad

Yes, it would be nice to have PunPoll at least as a plugin.

i'm not sure if you just mean the admin section, but you can't just add features with plugins, they can only do things like access the database, not affect the general running of punbb

I lost myself sad I thought that plugin is a more integrated modification. When you are installing a mod you have usually to paste files in different catalogues and change some files as well. I have not installed 1.2.1 yet an I am not usung the plugins, but I thought they are more "user friendly" than the mods.

no they are not an alternative to mods at all

Plug-in: "A file containing data used to alter, enhance, or extend the operation of a parent application program."

So to some extent a "mod" is a "plug-in", it's just not referred to as a "plug-in" but rather a "mod".

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

But they are not called simply plugins in PunBB. They're called "Administration plugins".

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

So, isn't it possible to have PunPoll as an Administration plugin?

What use would a poll be that was only accessible via the admin interface.

12 (edited by Smartys 2005-02-17 19:46)

Well, if you didn't need to make it so you could create a poll as a thread (so polls would be seperate) it would be possible in 1.2.1

Make a seperate page for displaying a list of polls, a page for displaying the poll, etc
Then make an admin plugin for permissions settings etc.
Then use the Navlinks adding option in Admin Options to make a link to the list wink

Edit: Of course, that's not ONLY an admin plugin, but it would mean you didn't have to modify any existing code