Topic: [Request] Mark unread posts

Is there a mod available, or more importantly if there isn't would some be prepared to make one, that marks unread posts in a different colour so that it's possible to see what's new and what's not. Also, it would be good if the same mod made it so clicking a topic took you to the last unread post; a la Ubb.threads.
Perhaps modding the Mark Topics As Read mod would be the best way to do this?
So, anyone interested?

Re: [Request] Mark unread posts

you mean posts that were new and you didn't look at, so that they expired? if so then you need to be careful or you'll be storing huge huge lists somewhere

What happens if you only ever look at one or two forums. The posts in the other forums will remain unread forever and the numbers will just keep growing.

No, not every post you never looked at. But the ones that are new since you last timed out. So basically, if "Mark Topics As Read" marks it as new posts, the new posts in that topic are highlighted somehow and skipped to.
Have a look on a UBB.threads board to see what I mean.

to skip to the newest post since you last timed out press the New Posts button

Yeah, I know that. But that's since it timed out, not since you last looked at the post. Obviously you haven't looked at a UBB.threads forum, as you have no idea what I'm on about. It doesn't work for guests, but this forum is running UBB.threads so if you don't understand register and have a look. There are plenty of UBB.threads forums out there though, so just look around and you'll see what I'm on about.

ok i see what you mean, but that would require the time you last read every topic to be recorded

UBB manages it somehow, and they're forums don't run too slow. Wonder how they manage it :-?

If you install Mark topics as read, clicking new posts will jump to the most recent post since you last read the topic.

Mark topics as read is great. You're a good man, Miles.

Aww, thanks.  It's feedback like that that makes me want to stamp out the last bug... as soon as I catch up on the schoolwork wink