Topic: Little Bug on 1.1.5 > 1.2.0 > 1.2.1 upgrade

Alright so I decided to upgrade my forums to the latest version.

Its not a big bug but its starting to get on my nerves.

When you upgrade your forums, everyone online on upgrade time will not see the "New posts" squares.

Any idea how this can be fixed?

Re: Little Bug on 1.1.5 > 1.2.0 > 1.2.1 upgrade

What do you mean, won't see?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Alright, you know when you get on your forums, you can see the little boxes that tells you there were new posts in that forum. Well on my forums I cannot see them, others that were online during upgrade cannot see them either.

You did your upgrade live with users logged in? Probably have to clear the cache.

People will have to login after the update anyway.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

You don't understand, let me try and explain better.
I made an index, (index.php) and replaced the current index with it. It was a plain white index saying "Upgrading configuration please come back later".
Now, I changed all the files from 1.1.5 to 1.2.1. This took about 3 minutes. Then I added the file that will upgrade to 1.2.0. When I used that file on my server there still was about 5 active users (cause they show as active until 10 minutes of inactivity), including me. I did the upgrade to 1.2.0 then 1.2.1. I replace the index.php then logged in.
When I logged in I saw no squares, I was thinking it was normal since the forums were out for about 10 minutes.
I wait for an hour, come back to my forums, there were new posts but I could not the the "New Post" squares. I didn't affect me until my friend asked me why I had removed the sqares. I asked him if he was there when I updated and he said yes. I asked everyone else that weren't online during upgrade and they can see the sqares. I tried cleaning cache and it dosn't work. It probably has something to do with the sql database.

So the "squares" are gone, but the topics are still marked as new?

i would reupload the 1.2.1 files (including styles)

Rickard wrote:

So the "squares" are gone, but the topics are still marked as new?

Yes, the sqares are gone, they never appear not even when there is a new post.