Topic: MySQL Error on Line 58...

Hi, I'm having techinical difficulties installing punbb. I have uploaded all of the files necessary, but I keep on getting an error on line 58 of  ../include/dblayer/mysql.php. Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the exact error message it is giving me:

An error occured on line 58 in file /var/www/html/forum/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Access denied for user: 'vganda@host120.host120-server.com' (Using password: YES)

A Penny for your thoughts?
~Goober

Re: MySQL Error on Line 58...

it means you entered some of the mysql details wrong and it can't log into the server

3 (edited by Goober 2005-03-03 05:45)

How would I go about connecting to the MySQL server?

PS: I'm kinda programming impaired so if you could be as detailed as possible would benefit me greatly.

You should change the options in config.php

Apparently there is something wrong there. Maybe you have mistyped your password?

Hey guys, I have another question. I'm trying to install version 1.1.5 and it says to create a database before actually installing punbb. This is what I get when I try to create a database:
Error

SQL-query :

CREATE DATABASE `vganda_com_-_forums` ;

MySQL said:
#1044 - Access denied for user: 'vganda@localhost' to database 'vganda_com_-_forums'

Any ideas on how to create this?
~Goobs

means your not allowed to create a database you probably need to ask your host or use a control panel to do it