Re: Easy Poll - 1.1.3

Have a look here: http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2479#p2479

Me and all my friends are very grateful! Thank you very much!

http://www.papperix.se/gratkort/gratkst/72_406.jpg

hej!

Hey I installed this mod on my forums but have a question -- what is moderatepoll.php for? How do I use this with the mod? Also, a bug (well not really a bug but an issue), is that when the person edits a post in the poll response, it will go to viewtopic rather than viewpoll.php.

Well there are a few issues with this mod.  You cannot edit your poll option text after you make them.  The options should be dynamic.  Meaning there should be 1 or 2 to start out with and then you click a button to add more options.

Other than that, this looks pretty cool.

^ I was also thinking that as well, but I guess this will have to do.

Not working links:

Mirror: http://www.rscheatnet.com/Easy_Poll-1.1.3.zip
Demo: http://www.rscheatnet.com/mods/Easy_Poll/

Please do it...

ERROR - MIRROR

HitMan: Check out PunRes

I have error:

Not Found
The requested URL /mods/Easy_Poll/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.rscheatnet.com Port 80

ERROR - MIRROR

Read my post wink
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=60

Now OK!
Thanks!
smile

ERROR - MIRROR

186 (edited by Vikholm 2005-12-05 23:30)

Can this mod be used with 1.2.10 ? Hate to sit and add everything just to find out it doesn't work with that version sad

So, does anyone know?

EDIT: It didn't, but it does now smile

How do I use the moderatepoll.php ? The Readme-CHANGE.txt says:

Replace/Upload:
vote.php
poll.php
viewpoll.php
moderatepoll.php
plugins/*
lang/*

View the readme file in upgrade-1.1.2-to-1.1.3

But the readme.txt in that folder only talks about a fix if the search.php isn't working.

Brilliant plugin, many thanks. The step by step instructions were great for a novice like me. Really, thanks for this excellent plugin.

af3 wrote:

How do I set that only moderators+admin can post a new poll?

Thanks

af3 wrote:

Solved. Just some if-else tweaking in viewforum.php to allow only admin to post poll.

How did you solve it ??? What did you change in viewforum.php ?

Check punres for a fix for the last-post links.

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this post.
However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience.

Is there a translation for this? I set up a forum that has users in the Czech Republic, and easy poll 1.1.3 is being added. Can anyone offer a Czech language pack? Or will I need to translate the English one myself?

191 (edited by ted 2006-01-20 23:37)

What I would like is for a list of users who participated to appear right below the results of the poll.  It needn't say how they responded, just that they did respond.  In my polls I get a lot of people who post a response to the poll in the topic and I never know if they also submited an answer in the poll itself.  Being able to see who responded would solve that.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

How do I use the moderatepoll.php ?

i too have qestion... how d i use moderatepoll.php and where button ("edit poll")? sad

193 (edited by horus 2006-01-30 11:39)

I succesfully installed EasyPoll with some minor style modification.

The only important (for me) fix that i made is on edit.php

Line 39, I added t.question field in query

$result = $db->query('SELECT f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.moderators, f.redirect_url, fp.post_replies, fp.post_topics, t.id AS tid, t.subject, t.question, t.posted, t.closed, p.poster, p.poster_id, p.message, p.hide_smilies FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t ON t.id=p.topic_id INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND p.id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Line 129, I added an if clause

if ($cur_post['question'] != "")
    {
      redirect('viewpoll.php?pid='.$id.'#p'.$id, $lang_post['Edit redirect']);
    }
    else
    {
      redirect('viewtopic.php?pid='.$id.'#p'.$id, $lang_post['Edit redirect']);
    }

Hope this help.

hi, thx for this usefull mod. I would like to integrate it into the homepage : i want to display the last poll and be able to vote through the homepage
Is it possible ? and how ?
I tried to copy/paste/mod the viewpoll.php but.. erhh i didnt get how u did it.
Thanks !

Many thanks!
Tis' really nice mod, one of the best I've downloaded ever!
I've translated lang file to Russian, so if anyone needs it - contact me (immortallord@yandex.ru).

Good luck, Mediator!

The sky will shine again
Call of Dagon!
The Deep One is calling you
Call of Dagon!

When I try to make some poll sticky, I get this message:

"No input file specified."

How can I fix this?

Does anyone have a demo of this ?

Caleb,

first of all: thank you for this mod!!!
I had some issues installing it at first, but I modded your mod a bit, and now it works just fine.

The biggest issues I had, were related to the database. The way you made install_mod.php, the mod wouldn't install on a postgresql DB.
I modified the DB entries in the file and both postgres and sqlite should also work fine now.

I also translated the mod to Dutch (the file is included).
All changes are available at: http://145.98.209.235/deel/
The file is called: Easy-poll-1.1.3a.tar.gz

Jomanix wrote:

How do I set that only moderators+admin can post a new poll?

I know nothing about php (i'm a C coder) but I somehow managed to allow only admins to create polls.
In viewforum.php: (line 64 for me)

// Can we or can we not post new topics?
if ($is_admmod)
    $post_link = "\t\t".'<p class="postlink conr"><a href="post.php?fid='.$id.'">'.$lang_forum['Post topic'].'</a><BR /> <a href="poll.php?fid='.$id.'">'.$lang_polls['New poll'].'</a></p>'."\n";
else if (($cur_forum['post_topics'] == '' && $pun_user['g_post_topics'] == '1') || $cur_forum['post_topics'] == '1')
    $post_link = "\t\t".'<p class="postlink conr"><a href="post.php?fid='.$id.'">'.$lang_forum['Post topic'].'</a></p>'."\n";
else
    $post_link = '';

Not sure yet how to allow a certain group of users to post polls in certain forums, need to study the punbb code wink

That only limits it if the users don't go to the URL directly without a link wink