Topic: PunBB Light Version...

I want to ask you for the simple version of PunBB for small site. I mean it must be without threads and forums. Only topics with replies!

Re: PunBB Light Version...

just make the whole board reply only with one forum. done.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

That sounds more like a blog i.e. items with comments.

Yeah, that's more of a blog than a forum.

How much lighter can you get wink  "PunBB - Tastes great, less filling.  with half the carbs as the leading BB"  lol

buzzkill wrote:

How much lighter can you get wink  "PunBB - Tastes great, less filling.  with half the carbs as the leading BB"  lol

ahhahahahaa... that was funny!

Rob Ludlow 
www.Nifty-Stuff.com - Repository of all Stuff Nifty!
www.reviewum.com - Professor Ratings + Teacher Reviews

The "lightness" was one of the reasons I chose PunBB. I love the speed it loads with and the small bandwidth it consumes.

Could you please explain me how to "just make the whole board reply only with one forum. done." /Dr.Jeckyl/ ?

I could not find any options to make it, but this form of the forum  would be interesting for me, too.

Thanks for the help.

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

just make the whole board reply only with one forum. done.

Could you please explain me how to "just make the whole board reply only with one forum. done." /Dr.Jeckyl/ ?

I could not find any options to make it, but this form of the forum  would be interesting for me, too.

Thanks for the help.

10 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2005-05-02 19:19)

logged in as admin goto  Administration > Forums > (select wich forum you want "read only") and click "Edit" > "Edit group permissions for this forum" > click "Save Changes" > done.

not to take away from Pun but if punbb is still too much for your needs i would suggest sBLOG for this. it is the lightest(download is only 116kb) simplest blog i have come across.  http://servous.se/

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

logged in as admin goto  Administration > Forums > (select wich forum you want "read only") and click "Edit" > "Edit group permissions for this forum" > click "Save Changes" > done.

not to take away from Pun but if punbb is still too much for your needs i would suggest sBLOG for this. it is the lightest(download is only 116kb) simplest blog i have come across.  http://servous.se/

Thank you for your suggestion and the help. I checked sBLOG. The only thing which is missing for me is the Search possibility. It works by PunBB excellently.

12 (edited by Thin Lizzy 2005-05-05 10:02)

Maybe I did not expressed myself very correctly.

I would like to have a forum as http://www.fam-amv.ch/forum/forum.php.

It means a very simple forum with image upload, multilingual use, and a very simple design which is usable for not very experienced users, too.

Thanks for your tipps, suggestions.

I got a suggestion. Look up the most popular php site in your own language. I bet that it contains a script archive with some forum like the one you want..