Topic: how do i create tables with a HUGE .sql file?

2,048KB is the max that phpmyadmin will allow and the .sql file i want to use is 2,971KB. i'm trying to install WebGUI and i haven't quite got down the command lin installation queries just yet. i'm more confortible with either a browser based installation or pointing to a .sql/.txt file. oh this is on a local test machine so it obviously isn't preinstalled by my host. big_smile are there any "installing perl for dummies" and "installing webgui for dummies" manuals around?:/

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: how do i create tables with a HUGE .sql file?

Do what I had to do. Take the .sql file, and split it up into smaller files. If its the table itself (no rows) that is huge, try exacuting some of it, then add ALTER TABLE queries later.

SSH is still the best method wink

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

by splitting do you mean open the file up in say notepad and cut out about half and make a new file with the remainder?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

by splitting do you mean open the file up in say notepad and cut out about half and make a new file with the remainder?

Exactly. Basically, make sure you don't cut off any statements, but cut down the file size.

I am in agreement that SSH is the best way to get there.

ok, noob question... in a localhost environment how do i do the SSH way? what do i need installed and were do i download it?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more