Topic: New Forum

Hi

Installed the forum yesterday and started work on it today.  Put a full width shoutbox inside the forum by http://www.phparena.net/.  Always thought having a shoutbox where visitors can talk to each other would be a good addition to a forum.  Only showing on the first page at the moment but I intend to make it show on the forums themselves too.  Can't see a problem in doing so.  Will be blending in the forum into the site and might even make it use the same flash header too.  The shoutbox is being pulled into the forum from another server through an iframe.  If anyone want to know how this is done then I will post details.  The forum will take a few days to blend in but looks fine so far.

MKJ
Sites-4u

Re: New Forum

I can't get to your forum.  The banner won't let me use your drop down menu.

3 (edited by MKJ 2005-04-15 20:16)

Hi

The drop down menu works with most even Opera.  Looking at the logs I think you are using Safari?  Will be making the site suitable for all but I got so much damn work to do at the moment.  If you want to see the forum directly click here Forum

Sorry about the menu and will sort it out in time.

Regards

MKJ
My site .

Hi

Installed a new menu now on the first page on my site now that I hope works with Safari as well.  Remarkable menu that is free.  Can do everything you can think of.  Take a look if you are interested in menu creation:

Free menu

Can do things that loads of menus fail on and was the only one I could find that would display across an iframe using Opera.

I have added to the menu creation infact so that it is now possible and quite easy to create any type of popup box from it.  Will make the menu available eventually along with the additions.

MKJ
My site

Oh well

Run out of time to get the pun board sorted.  Had a number of problems to overcome as I am installing quite a number of forums.  I knew how to alter phpbb2 forums and the database to make them all have a single login and out so I have had to go back to them for now.  Must admit that the shoutbox has blended in very well with the phpbb2 theme I have used and seems to work perfectly!  Will make sure this pun forum is well featured and advertised on my site though!

By the way for me to install a number of pub forums on the one server so that just one login and out is used for all I need to alter a file that is defining users and groups.  Please post the file name and I will have another go at a later date.

Regards

MKJ
My site

Whats Richards saying? "another one bites the dust?" yikes hahahaha
well atleast mkj was nice about switching over... i respect him/her for that big_smile

-gezz

? i se a phpbb system baa sux

Yours, Benny.