Topic: Backups giving a hard time

I made a backup of my forum before wiping it completely clean. I installed a fresh 1.2.5, and then put the plugins in. I attempted to restore my backup, and all I keep getting is this:

Error imported backup file, the database probably has not been restored

What the hell!

Re: Backups giving a hard time

the old db backup plugin had some errors in it (basically it doesn't backup correctly) but don't worry you can fix the files,

open the backup

find (in create table forum_perms)

PRIMARY KEY (group_id)
or
PRIMARY KEY (forum_id)

replace with

PRIMARY KEY (group_id, forum_id)

find (in create table search_words)

PRIMARY KEY (id)
or
PRIMARY KEY (word)

replace with

PRIMARY KEY (word, id)

then try it

3 (edited by Daimon Link 2005-04-16 23:12)

Just tried it, I keep on getting the same error. sad

I had mods on my forum before, but they aren't exactly compatible with 1.2.5, so I didn't put them on. Please to God don't tell me that I need them in order to have my forums working.

try restoring it in phpmyadmin so you can see what the actual error is

I know little, if anything, about phpmyadmin.. >.<

can you come on #punbb @ irc.quakenet.org or email me the backup connorhd@mypunbb.com and i'll sort it out and mail it back

I sent you the email. Thank you very much for offering your help, I appreciate it.

ok i've mailed you it back should work now

Thank you for your help, however it just isn't working. sad I fear for the worst...

well that backup does work, i tried it myself, i suggest you setup http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ and try to restore it in that

11 (edited by Daimon Link 2005-04-16 23:56)

Do you think it could have anything to do with the version of PunBB? And also, if I were to have to use phpmyadmin, is there a line of code or something that I would need to input in order to use the .sql file? Oh yes, I also changed the name of the forum MySQL database, will that affect it?

no, if you setup phpmyadmin, then go to the database you have punbb installed in, then press the SQL tab at the top, browse for the file and upload

Thank you very much ^_^ It worked!