Topic: background-color: transparent; problem in IE.

First, here is my page: http://indocron.net/. If you are using IE, try clicking on the login input boxes or submit buttons. It does nothing. In FireFox is works fine.

I traced the problem down to the 'background-color: invisible;' line. If you take that out, then it shows the input box fine. The problem is that I need the input boxes to be invisible, but you to be able to type in them.

Can anyone that is good with CSS help me?

If only everyone used FireFox hmm

(Subject title edited by Paul)

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

2 (edited by Jérémie 2005-04-23 00:07)

Re: background-color: transparent; problem in IE.

Try to validate the CSS stylesheet (I don't think invisible is a valid propriety, it's transparent iirc).

Ohh, it is transparent, not invisible. I can't change the title.. Anyway, IE still doesnt work.

Indocron

Oddly enough, it works perfectly if you select the form controls by tabbing instead of using the mouse.

Yes, that is how I tell my IE users to login/register, but its still a thing that should be fixed sad

If anyone knows another way to acheive what I am trying to do, please post saying so.

Indocron

This is the best I could do, but it involves one almighty cheat.
http://www.post21.co.uk/garytest/

7 (edited by Gary13579 2005-04-24 20:44)

Well, it works, and that is what I wanted big_smile

Thanks a lot, Paul smile

Edit: Oh, I see how this works (I think). It makes the background of the image the color it should be? Not the best way IMHO, but it still works smile

Indocron

The only other way that may have worked was to start slicing up your image and setting bits of it as the backgrounds to the inputs. That seems like an awful lot of bother.