1 (edited by phoenixtek 2005-05-21 14:35)

Topic: Multi - PunBB v2

Create Instant PunBB forums with a single click, (Email Activation Required). Easy for your friends/family/whoever.

Script made by Team pxtek ( www.pxtek.com )

http://pxtek.com/scriptz/v2.zip

Do not EMAIL me for feature suggestions smile just reply here for any... anything smile

Demo: http://www.pxtek.com/v2

2 (edited by phoenixtek 2005-05-21 14:35)

Re: Multi - PunBB v2

http://pxtek.com/scriptz/v2.zip

The email address also isn't checked for validity < Not sure what u mean by this

hmm, well you have a few problems, if you have a link to a topic in one from but someone has a cookie from the other then they have problems, cache files seem to conflict? not sure about that, at a guess avatar files will conflict?

5 (edited by phoenixtek 2005-05-17 21:51)

We will add more features later tonight smile we'll turn it to a subdomain when install completes.

Thanks for feedbacks

phoenixtek wrote:

The email address also isn't checked for validity < Not sure what u mean by this

I entered ' as an email and it accepted it smile

7 (edited by phoenixtek 2005-05-20 00:47)

BETA testing my v2

Changes:

Image Verification system
Individual Folders for each install
Some Bugs

"I entered ' as an email and it accepted it "
It did, but you have to verify it... by clicking the link the email sent u.

Any more suggestions

8 (edited by Smartys 2005-05-20 01:59)

phoenixtek wrote:

"I entered ' as an email and it accepted it "
It did, but you have to verify it... by clicking the link the email sent u.

And it still spams it with stuff I assume.
There's a reason to check validity.
Now, let me run it on a server without magic_quotes enabled and get back to you smile
Edit: Link isn't there now tongue

I'm not sure exactly what this does. Is it something similar to mypunbb.com? Does it create databases and stuff on your host?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yeh i think thats the idea, i the version one created databases but it had some big flaws

Individual Folders for each install

not sure what that means

11 (edited by phoenixtek 2005-05-21 14:36)

v2 is released http://pxtek.com/scriptz/v2.zip

Demo: http://www.pxtek.com/v2

Changes:
Can't enter same emails twice
Image Verification system
Individual folder for each new install /username
Subdomain access
Info of forum login sent after activation

Works perfect.. Only the thing with the image verification and cPanel didn't work. So I deleted that part.

Now I would like to know how you can change the name of the sender of the email.
Atm it's 'Automailer', any way to change it?

yeah image verification didnt work.

-gezz

14 (edited by gezz 2005-06-03 03:39)

Crissipos wrote:

Works perfect.. Only the thing with the image verification and cPanel didn't work. So I deleted that part.

Now I would like to know how you can change the name of the sender of the email.
Atm it's 'Automailer', any way to change it?

how did you take the image verification out? and the cpanel?

-gezz

errrm

* IF YOU WANT PERMISSION TO REMOVE THE LINKBACK TO www.pxtek.com YOU CAN SENT ME
$10 Through paypal. Before doing that email me @ tom@pxtek.com *

inst that illegal under PunBB's license?

Not, it is not legal.  Punbb is distributed under the GPL. One thus has the right to remove the link in source code of punbb

hmm yeah just remove this thread, i wont continue the project anyway. smile

Anyone knowing of a similiar script for using one install for multiple forums?

Erm, what do you mean (because that wasn't what this was, if I understand you correctly)?

Sorry my mistake...  What I'm looking for is a way to have multiple boards from one set of files where every boardadmin can maintain their own stuff. Guess same database and different prefix...or something like that.

Hrm...  Just realized that it exists, but is it possible to use or one mans own script...  Connorhd seems to have what I'm looking for, but in big scale wink

Yeh, and its not just a script, why do you want to host multiple punbbs?

I'd like to try this on the website for swedish air traffic controllers where each workplace can have their own board with their own local admin. If possible to run update on one set of files instead of 34, as an admin I'd be very happy wink   Not sure if it will be in real use, but would be interested to test such a script.

wouldnt mind trying out this script myself.

I could release a simplified version of what mypunbb used to use, the problem is it would be another mod to support and would probably result in punbb hosting sites popup up all over the place, and that isn't good for me as owner of mypunbb nor is it really good for punbb as a whole imo.