1 (edited by EMBOSSED 2005-06-05 12:21)

Topic: setting the board title as an image

Is it possible to set the board title as an image if so how do I go about doing this

Re: setting the board title as an image

edit main.tpl, replace <pun_title> with an image tag

include/template/ - you might want to read http://punbb.org/docs/faq.html

There's also another way to do it if one has alot of different styles, and that the logo breaks the pages

I added it in the css instead ... as I had a large logo (~900 wide)... and that got painted ugly on the narrow styles ...

This is what I added on one of my style:

/****************************************************************/
/* 2.1 Frank H mods ;) */
#brdtitle p{
  background: url("../img/racing_ath_cx/logo_sunset.png");
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: center;
  height: 129px
}
#brdtitle span, #brdtitle h1{
  display: none;
  visibility: hidden
}

I have only tested it on my Firefox 1.0.4 and IE 6 (I suspect IE5.5 might do things differently roll big_smile)

It hides the Text, and only display an image ... you might want to add width aswell on the p block ... but my width was controlled from the 'wrapper' ... so I didn't need it ... (I added this css below the "TEXT SETTINGS" block in the css file)

(I'll prolly 'remake' the logo (remove logo text) and release it later sometime wink)

Frank H wrote:

There's also another way to do it if one has alot of different styles, and that the logo breaks the pages

I added it in the css instead ... as I had a large logo (~900 wide)... and that got painted ugly on the narrow styles ...

This is what I added on one of my style:

/* 2.1 Frank H mods ;) */
#brdtitle p{
  background: url("../img/racing_ath_cx/logo_sunset.png");
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: center;
  height: 129px
}
#brdtitle span, #brdtitle h1{
  display: none;
  visibility: hidden
}

I have only tested it on my Firefox 1.0.4 and IE 6 (I suspect IE5.5 might do things differently roll big_smile)

It hides the Text, and only display an image ... you might want to add width aswell on the p block ... but my width was controlled from the 'wrapper' ... so I didn't need it ... (I added this css below the "TEXT SETTINGS" block in the css file)

(I'll prolly 'remake' the logo (remove logo text) and release it later sometime wink)

While that solution certainly works, it may not be the best way of doing things if a lot of the visitors are using IE. The problem is that IE doesn't cache background images, so it will download the image each time you view a page.

While that usually isn't a problem, it can be if the images are large enough..

true

Another way to do it if you at all concerned about accessability (visibility:hidden hides things from screen readers) is to set the height as zero and the padding to the height of the image. The text will then still be available to assistive devices but will not show up visually.

ah ok, worth remembering smile