1 (edited by Frank H 2005-06-05 18:50)

Topic: more pages with the "topright links" (mark as read etc.)

Well ... I wouldn't mind seeing more pages to have the "Mark all as read" links up in the top right on more pages than just index.php ... as those having only one forum (public), will require people to go down to index.php to mark all threads as read ...

*  Show new posts since last visit
    * Mark all topics as read

IMHO it wouldn't hurt if also viewforum and viewtopic had them ...

Re: more pages with the "topright links" (mark as read etc.)

Sounds good to me.

While we are at it, I would have the quick jump menu displayed on every page on the right hand side of the footer with the copyright on one line under the footer.

Frank H wrote:

Well ... I wouldn't mind seeing more pages to have the "Mark all as read" links up in the top right on more pages than just index.php ... as those having only one forum (public), will require people to go down to index.php to mark all threads as read ...

*  Show new posts since last visit
    * Mark all topics as read

IMHO it wouldn't hurt if also viewforum and viewtopic had them ...

That's actually very easy to fix smile

What you do, is open up header.php.

Around line 174, find:

if (in_array(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), array('index.php', 'search.php')))

Replace with:

if (in_array(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), array('index.php', 'search.php', 'viewforum.php', 'viewtopic.php')))

(Just add more .php files to the array if needed)

Hope this helps smile

(I know ... but I'm adding it as a feature request due to it's something I find a tiny bit unlogical to only have on index.php and not in forumview and such, I userstand it's away in profile, admin etc.   .... but thanks anyway smile)

Frank H wrote:

(I know ... but I'm adding it as a feature request due to it's something I find a tiny bit unlogical to only have on index.php and not in forumview and such, I userstand it's away in profile, admin etc.   .... but thanks anyway smile)

That's true. It would be nice if it was added by default smile

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I restricted it to only certain scripts. Consider it done for the next version.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

http://warthog.campus.luth.se/Frank/div/smilies/thumbsup3d.gif

After giving this some though, I'm not so sure anymore. Having the link "Mark all topics as read" in a forum (viewforum.php) indicates that it would mark only the topics in that forum as read, but that's not what it does.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

True ... and it's up to you  (I've got a 'one forum' forum, and it feels really unlogical to go down to the index to be able to mark everything as read ... but I know where to change, and feel secure enough to do so aswell wink)

hmm... and one is redirected back to index when clicking on it on another page ... (but I'm probably going to add a small if statement, that redirects back to the forum where one pressed it ...)

I'd like to know what everyone else feels before I make up my mind. Perhaps rephrasing the text is a solution.

"Mark all topics as read" ... hard to make it more clear that all topics are marked as read ... but yeah ... the right wording is probably crucial either way ... not so sure "Mark topics on all forums as read" would be much better ... but that's more or less the only thing I can think of that makes it more clear that all topics are marked as read ... a bit longer, but the other string is already a bit longer already, so I doubt it will intrude on the layout due to stringlenght ...