Topic: Danish Letters Don't Work!!!

Hi,

I have succesfully installed PunBB, but the Danish letters don't work!
If I write a danish letter in the message or subject, i get this error, when trying to submit it:  Error: Unable to create post.

Please, can anyone help me as fast as possible!

Yours,
Tank

Re: Danish Letters Don't Work!!!

Thats strange, I can write øæå without problem both here and in my own forum.

How that?

I uses the newest version, with no plugins, and the Danish language pack!

Please help me!

Yours,
Tank

I use the english version.. maybe (ironically) the problem lies in the language pack?

No, it's not in the language pack... It didn't work before i installed the language pack :S

Please help!

What kind of DB do you use?

did you apply these fixes? http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=39852#p39852 they *could* be the problem , i don't think so but they need applying anyway

I uses PostgreSQL as DB!

Enable debug mode, paste the error here

This may be a dumb question, but how do i enable Dedug Mode?

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2658

I have a feeling that PostgreSQL doesn't allow foreign characters.

I get this, when in Debug mode:

File: c:\appserv\www\board\post.php
Line: 298

PunBB reported: Unable to create post

Database reported: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xc5

I knew it! I don't know what to do, though. Okay, maybe I do. Change the scripts so that it changes the characters the DB doesn't like into HTML entities, and then the parser parses them so that they are outputted as the respective entities (without the parser part it wouldn't work). The DB is happy, the parser is happy, and the user is happy!

scotty i have no idea what you are talking about, but this should work out of the box for punbb

that doesn't make sense, the danish language pack isn't unicode, tank what type of database are you using? i'm wondering if your tables are in unicode when they should be in ISO-8859-1? i don't really know much about this, but you shouldn't be getting errors like that

Hei,

I have just checked the Character Encoding in PostgreSQL, and it says: UNICODE. But i can't change this field?

Can anyone help me with this?

Yours,
Tank

I don't think the database is supposed to be unicode (like Connor said) if the encoding for the page isn't UTF-8

Tank: THe only way to fix it it so either change the encoding of your dabatase or to create a new database with iso-8859-1 or latin1 or whatever they call it in PostgreSQL.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."