Topic: To Board punbb & phpbb

I've currently to boards running, one punbb and one phpbb.
Now I would like to merge both together... is that possible?
All posts and members on the punbb forum should be moved to the phpbb board...

Thanks in advance

Re: To Board punbb & phpbb

it might well need to be done manually and i doubt people here will want to help you convert punbb to phpbb

3 (edited by NeoID 2005-07-04 14:46)

Manually...  you mean log directly onto the sql database and insert all the stuff/lines one by one?
Is that possible? Does the posts and memberlists then get recognized, you think? Has that been done before?

Why shouldn't people want to help?

no you can't just insert them, you will get conflicting user and post ids and you need to convert the forum first, you might be better asking on phpbb.com since your converting to their forum

Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try...

Damn, that's like AOL was years ago.

"Why are you cancelling our service?"

"Well, I found a better deal elsewhere and I just want to try something new."

Then they give you a hardass time and hardly help you because you're switching. So if anyone holds a grudge and wouldn't help someone convert to a different forum because the person wasn't satisfied with PunBB, then I guess they'd be little pricks, too.

7 (edited by NeoID 2005-07-04 16:42)

Sean wrote:

Then they give you a hardass time and hardly help you because you're switching. So if anyone holds a grudge and wouldn't help someone convert to a different forum because the person wasn't satisfied with PunBB, then I guess they'd be little pricks, too.

Hehe, thanks dude! big_smile
However, I dont have anything spesial against punbb, but I'm just feeling "more stabel" og flexable with a phpbb... tongue

Sean wrote:

No, the reason is with free sofware people have a imited amount of time to devote to it so are hardly going to spend it making a converter to convert away from the software when there are far more useful things they could be doing.

i dunno what your bitching about, i did help him, i just warned him people here only have their spare time to help with punbb so they aren't gonna want to waste it on a project of no benifit to them

Sorry Connor if I seemed like a prick myself. I wrote that out and was going to change a bit of it to make it seem less harsh, but was pressed for time. (Fourth of July celebrations) You did give the best response possible - going to PhpBB for questions, since that is the forum being switched to. I'm a fan of PunBB in the truest sense and am somewhat anti-phpBB. (If you look in the pun vs phpbb thread I make a post) So again, I wanted to apologize to you.

ok, thanks no hard feelings wink