Topic: Embed media files

I'm currently running pnPHPBB2 and I had it modified to allow for users to post audio .mp3, .mov, .mp4, etc.  files that would appear and playback inline (using Quicktime).

Does this exist in PunBB .. or could it be easily integrated?

I'm considering moving to a different forum for our virtual courses.

thanks in advance,
larry

Re: Embed media files

there is Attachment mod by Frank H.

it's just me...

3 (edited by Dr.Tech 2005-07-27 11:57)

Will it allow for inline playing of media files .. or do they need to be downloaded or opened in  a new window?

thanks
L

no inline for movies (it does show jpg, gif and png in a viewer, you might be able to mod attachment.php to also show movies)

Thanks Frank

The mod for pnphpbb2 was not that difficult ... but I'm not a programmer.

I tried to install your mod in version 1.2.6 of punbb but it said :
You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.6) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5"

how long before it works with 1.2.6?

larry

it works for 1.2.6, just edit install_mod.php to add 1.2.6 in the array

read the first post on the release for it at this forum, there's a step in readme.txt that's different ... but other than that, I don't htink there's anything that needs to be taken into account (perhaps some lines have different numbers, but not that much difference I'd guess) ... I also have a link to an installation guide ...

With the help of connorhd, I have realized a mod to read MP3, WMV, QuickTime and all files you want ...

> please test at : http://www.sortons.net/forum/viewtopic. … 396#p94396

Mozart, Confutatis

Rod

Is this mod still available? ......... I got badly sidetracked

thanks
DT

Yes always available ... but I think the better solution is to use Flash .... this is one on my future requests smile